Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instant communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-quality messages, participate in HD voice and video calls, and explore a growing array of new features to help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy technology is always on, so you can focus on sharing what matters most with the people who matter to you.
State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (based on the open source Signal protocol) keeps your conversations safe. We cannot read your messages or listen to your calls, and neither can anyone else. Privacy isn’t an optional mode – that’s just how Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
- Say something – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (based on the open source Signal protocol) keeps your conversations safe. Privacy isn’t an optional mode – that’s just how Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
- Go faster – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even over slow networks. The signal is optimized to operate in the most restricted environment.
- Do not be shy – Signal is a completely independent non-profit 501c3 organization. Development is supported by users like you. No ads. No trackers. No kidding.
- Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to communicate safely with your friends.
- Speak out – Whether they live in another city or overseas, Signal’s improved audio and video quality will help your friends and family feel closer.
- Whispers in the shadows – Switch to a dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
- Sounds familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or turn off noises entirely. Simon and Garfunkel wrote a hit about this in 1964, and you can enjoy the sound of silence whenever you want by selecting “No” as your notification ringtone.
- Imagine it – Use the built-in image editing functions to sketch, crop and flip outgoing photos. There is even a text tool so you can add more words to the 1000 words already in your picture.
Note. To use the Signal desktop app, you first need to install Signal on your phone.
Version for Windows and macOS 5.27:
- This release contains a number of minor changes and bug fixes to keep Signal running smoothly.
Signal Android APK updated to 5.28.0:
- If something interrupts your recording (for example, you admire our new look), your message will be completely saved in our new draft state.
- Play voice memos at double speed if you are in a hurry, or slow them down if you want to keep the moment. Or simply because you think it sounds funny.
- A new player in the app lets you control the playback of voice memos when you switch to another chat or chat list.