- To share a Google Calendar, go to the “Settings and sharing” menu of the website.
- You can copy and paste a shareable link into your Google Calendar, or share it directly via email.
- If you want to share a Google Calendar with someone without a Google account, you have to make it public.
- Visit the Insider Technical Reference library for more stories.
If you are looking to arrange a meeting with someone, finding a place that fits your plans can be complicated.
Here’s where the calendar sharing comes in. If you use Google Calendar, you can share your calendar so everyone can see your exact calendar.
Here’s how to share your Google Calendar with others to help optimize your planning process.
How to share your Google Calendar with others
1. Open your calendar on your computer by going to calendar.google.com. The mobile app won’t let you share, so you’ll need to use a computer.
2. Find the calendar you want to share on the left side of the screen. If necessary, expand u In my Calendars section to see all your existing calendars.
3. Click on the three vertical dots next to the calendar you want to share and select them Settings and sharing.
4. First, make sure the time zone is set correctly on this page. This will ensure that anyone who sends the calendar sees all your events at the right time.
5. Scroll down. If you’d like to share your calendar with people who don’t have a Google Account, just click on the sign below Make it available to the public. Just note that this makes the calendar available to anyone with the link, not just the people you share it with.
6. Scroll down Share with specific people and click Add people.
7. A pop-up will appear and you will be sent to enter your contact’s email address (or several, if you send to a group of people).
8. Once you’ve added all the email addresses you want to share your calendar with, click on the drop-down menu next to each name and select the appropriate option. These are ordered according to how much (or how much) control and access they give to the person sharing the calendar with, including:
- View only free / busy (hide details)
- See all the details of the event
- Make changes to events
- Make changes and manage sharing
9. Click Send.