- You can delete your Cash App account from the Account Settings page on an iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Before you cancel your account, be sure to transfer the remaining funds to your bank account.
- You should permanently delete your Cash App account before deleting the app on your device.
- Visit the Insider Technical Reference library for more stories.
However, since then
it’s tied to your bank account, if you want to cancel it – either because you’ve found another app you like best, or because you don’t use it anymore – you can’t simply delete it from your home screen like a regular app.
To get rid of Cash App, you need to permanently delete your account before deleting the app itself. Here’s how to delete your Cash App account on iPhone, iPad, or Android.
How to delete your Cash App account
1. Open Cash App on your iOS or Android device. The application icon is green with a white dollar sign.
2. If you have any money in your account, make sure to transfer to your bank before continuing. Do this by tapping u Bank icon (which looks like a house, or a bank) in the lower left corner, after tapping Cash Out. If you have any stock or bitcoin, you will need to sell them before you can close your account.
3. Tap the account icon (which looks like a silhouette of a person in a circle) in the upper right corner.
4. Tap Support.
5. At the bottom of the next screen, tap Something Else.
6. On the next page, scroll to the bottom and select it Account Settings.
7. In the Account Settings less, scroll to the called option Close my Cash App Account, towards the bottom of the list.
8. Tap Confirm. This will sign you out of the Cash App. A text or email confirmation will be sent to you confirming that you have deleted your account. Be sure to receive this email before deleting the app.