What makes Core Temp unique is how it works. It is capable of displaying the temperature of each individual core of each processor in your system. You can see temperature fluctuations in real time under different workloads. Core Temp is also motherboard independent. Core Temp makes it easy to monitor the temperature of any modern x86-based processor. The program supports processors from all three major manufacturers; Intel, AMD and VIA.
Intel processors from the Core series to the latest Core i7, including all derivatives. Supports AMD processors starting with the first series of Athlon64 and Opteron processors, all Phenom and new AMD APUs. VIA processors from the C7 generation, including all derivatives based on the C7 architecture. All Nano-based processors are also supported.
Temperature readings are very accurate as data is collected directly from a digital temperature sensor (or DTS) located in each individual processing core *, next to the hottest part. This sensor is digital, which means it does not rely on external circuitry located on the motherboard to report temperature, its value is stored in a special register in the processor so that software can access and read it. This removes any inaccuracies that might be introduced by external circuits and sensors on the motherboard.
- Fixed: Crash on some AMD Opteron / FX / APU A series (Bulldozer based).
- Fixed: Crash on older Windows versions.
- New: Supports AMD Zen 3 and Zen 2 APU
- New: Intel Rocket Lake support
- New: preliminary support for Alkhovo Lake
- New: preliminary support for Meteor Lake.
- Fixed: “Unsupported CPU” message when HT is enabled only on some cores.
- Fixed: Detection of 3rd generation Epyc Rome / Threadripper platform.
- Fixed: Gemini Lake platform detection.
- Fixed: Whiskey Lake codename
- Fixed: Incorrect VID report on some Celeron / Pentium processors.
- Fixed: Crash on Intel Banias processors (Pentium / Celeron M).
- Fixed: Determination of Turbo multiplier on Nehalem / Westmere
- Fixed: Bugs related to responding to DPI changes.
- Fixed: Generation of VID reports on some AMD Athlon64 processors.
- Change: Improved accuracy of information about unsupported Intel processors.
Notes for the previous version:
- New: Supports 10th Gen Intel processors (Cannon / Ice / Comet Lake)
- New: Package power metric for AMD Zen-based processors.
- New: preliminary support for Intel Tigerlake
- New: preliminary support for AMD Renoir
- New: AMD Picasso detection
- New: Intel Lakefield detection
- Fixed: system hang during ATI SMBus dump in AIDA64.
- Fixed: Crash when changing the screen resolution.
- Fixed: Crash when opening the preferences dialog.
- Fixed: main window resized incorrectly when changing screen resolution.
- Fixed: High CPU usage on unsupported Intel CPUs.
- Change: Expand available information on unsupported Intel processors.
- Change: Improved stepping detection on supported Intel processors.
- Change: Changed frequency definition for Nahelem / Westmere to match new Intel processors.