October 24, 2022
macOS Ventura is now available
macOS Ventura takes the Mac experience to a whole new level with revolutionary capabilities that help users achieve more than ever before. New features like the Continuity Camera allow users to work seamlessly on their Apple devices, and productivity tools including Stage Manager help users stay focused and easily switch between tasks. Safari introduces a password-free future with passwords, and big updates are coming to popular apps including Mail and Messages. macOS Ventura is available today as a free software update on Apple silicon-based Macs and Intel-based Macs.1
Continuity Makes Apple Devices Work Magically Together
With Continuity Camera, Mac users can leverage the powerful camera system on iPhone to unleash a revolutionary webcam experience.2 When the iPhone is nearby, Mac can automatically recognize and use the camera on the iPhone to unlock new capabilities that were never possible before in a webcam, and it also works wirelessly for greater flexibility. Desk View taps into the Ultra Wide camera on iPhone to simultaneously show the user’s face and an overhead view of their desk — great for DIY videos, hands-on presentations, and more. Continuity Camera also brings innovative features like Center Stage, Portrait Mode, and the new Studio Light—an effect that beautifully illuminates a user’s face while dimming the background—to all Mac computers.3
Handoff now comes to FaceTime, so users can start a FaceTime call on an Apple device and seamlessly transfer the call to another nearby Apple device. A user can start a FaceTime call on their iPhone or iPad and move the call to their Mac when they return home or to the office, or they could also start a call on their Mac and transition it to their iPhone or iPad when I am. on the go
Automatically organize workspaces with Stage Manager
Stage Manager automatically organizes applications and windows so users can focus on the task at hand and always see everything at once. When users launch Stage Manager from the Control Center, the current window they’re working on is displayed in the center, while other windows appear on the left so they can seamlessly switch between tasks. To create the ideal workspace, users can create groups of windows or apps when working on specific tasks or projects. Stage Manager also works in concert with macOS windowing tools including Mission Control and Spaces, and users can easily access their desktop with one click.
Passkeys and New Collaboration Tools in Safari
Safari introduces a password-free future with passwords – a new login method that makes browsing in Safari even more secure. Passkeys are more secure, easy to use and are designed to replace passwords. Every time users create a passkey, a unique digital key is created that stays on the device and is never stored on a web server, so hackers can’t leak it or trick users into sharing it. With passkeys, it’s easy for users to sign in securely using Touch ID or Face ID for biometric verification, and passkeys are securely synced with end-to-end encryption with iCloud Keychain so they’re available on Apple devices including Mac, iPhone and iPad. . Passkeys also work in apps and on the web, and users can also access websites or apps on non-Apple devices with their iPhone.
Shared tab groups in Safari introduce a powerful way to collaborate with others on the web. Users can easily share websites with family, friends and colleagues, and see what others are watching live. Users can also build a bookmark list on a shared Home Page to help start any group project—whether it’s planning a family vacation or completing a research paper—and users can also start a Messages conversation or a FaceTime call with everyone in the group, right. from Safari.
Boost Efficiency with New Mail Improvements
Mail gives users the ability to schedule messages, cancel the delivery of a message before it reaches the recipient’s inbox,4 and also add rich links for a better view of content. Mail can also detect if items such as an attachment or a cc’d recipient are missing and remind the sender to add them. Users can also set reminders to return to a message later and get automatic prompts to follow up on emails when they’re waiting for a response.
Search in Mail uses cutting-edge techniques to provide more accurate and comprehensive results. It’s easy for users to quickly find what they’re looking for just by clicking on search, including recent emails, contacts, documents, photos, and more, all before they even start typing.
Powerful improvements to messages
Users can edit or cancel a recently sent message,5 retrieve accidentally deleted messages, or even mark a message as unread if you are unable to respond at the moment. Collaborating with others is easier than ever as users now have the option to share a file in Messages and automatically give everyone access to the thread. Activity updates appear at the top of the thread as everyone checks in and makes edits to the shared document. Users can also quickly join SharePlay sessions from their Mac directly in Messages, so they can chat while engaging in shared experiences like watching a show or listening to a song together.
Effortlessly share photos with family through iCloud Shared Photo Library
iCloud Shared Photo Library allows users to create and share a separate photo library among up to six family members, so everyone can enjoy all of their family photos. It is easy for users to either share all their existing photos from their personal libraries, or share based on a start date or the people in their photos. Users will receive smart suggestions for sharing photo moments that include participants in the library and any other people they choose. And each user can add, delete, edit or favorite shared photos and videos, which will appear in each user’s Memories and Featured Photos so everyone can relive family moments to the fullest.
Spotlight brings improved productivity
Spotlight comes with new features and an updated design that provides a more consistent experience across Mac, iPhone and iPad. Users can now use Spotlight to find images in their photo library, on the web, and system-wide in apps like Messages and Notes. They can also search their photos by location, people, scenes or objects, and Live Text allows them to search by text in the image. Spotlight also includes rich results by category for artists, movies, actors, TV shows, businesses and sports. To take their productivity even further, users can take actions from Spotlight to do things like start a timer or create a new document. And with support for Quick Look in Spotlight, users can quickly see a full-size preview of almost any file type without having to open it.
Gaming on Mac Reaches New Heights
The power of Apple silicon enables every new Mac to run AAA games with ease, and macOS Ventura brings new technologies like Metal 3 that take full advantage of the incredible hardware in Macs – resulting in faster performance, games that feel more responsive, and graphics that look amazing.
New AAA game titles are coming to Mac later this year, including Capcom’s Resident Evil Village, which will launch in the Mac App Store on Friday, October 28, and take full advantage of the power and performance of Apple silicon for more responsive gameplay. high frame rates, and beautiful visuals.
- Live text it can recognize text in paused video frames, as well as Japanese and Korean text. Users can also lift the subject from an image and drop it into another app like Messages. Visual Look Up they can now recognize animals, birds, insects, statues, and even more landmarks.
- macOS Ventura brings new Accessibility tools such as Live Captions for all audio content,6 Type to Speak on calls, Test Checker to support proofreading for VoiceOver users, and more.
- U time and Clock apps come to Mac with all the features users know and love from iPhone, and do things like check local forecasts, set alarms, set timers, and more.
- System Preferences becomes System parameters and features a new design that is optimized for efficient browsing on Mac, and offers a more consistent experience on iPhone and iPad.
- macOS security it’s even stronger and makes your Mac more attack-resistant with new tools like Rapid Security Response, which works between normal updates to keep security up-to-date easily.
macOS Ventura is available today as a free software update. For more information, including compatible Mac models, visit apple.com/macos/ventura.
- For macOS Ventura compatibility, visit apple.com/macos/ventura. Some features may not be available in all regions, languages, or on all Mac models.
- Continuity Camera is available on iPhone XR or later with iOS 16.
- Continuity Camera with Center Stage and Desk View is available on iPhone 11 or later with iOS 16. Studio Light is available on iPhone 12 or later with iOS 16.
- Users can cancel the delivery of a message within 30 seconds of sending it, or have the option to change the length of time the message is in the outbox. Also, Undo Send can be disabled.
- Users can edit a message up to 15 minutes after sending and can cancel a message up to 2 minutes after sending. Users can make up to five edits to a given message, and recipients can see a record of edits made to the message.
- Live Captions will be available in beta in English in the United States and Canada on iPhone 11 and later, iPad models with A12 Bionic and later, and Mac computers with Apple silicon. The accuracy of Live Captions may vary and should not be relied upon in high risk situations.
Apple Media Helpline