How can I prevent misuse of payment apps if my phone is lost? Thanks to the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in India, services like Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe and others have become something of a necessity. Most users on phones have at least one payment app connected to UPI. While UPI offers a safe and easy way to make payments or transfer money to someone, if someone has access to your phone, they can use it to transfer money. So what happens if the device that has all your payment apps installed is stolen? If you lose your phone or get stolen, you can take steps to block access to these services.
We’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to block Paytm, Google pay, or Phone Pe in case you lose your phone. This ensures that your UPI account stays safe, you don’t have to worry about stealing money from your account.
How to temporarily block a Paytm account
Call the Paytm Payments Bank hotline number 01204456456.
Select the lost phone option.
Select the option to enter another number and enter the lost phone number.
Select the output from all devices.
Then go to Paytm website and scroll down to select 24/7 assistance…
To choose Report fraud and click any category.
Then click on any problem and then on Write to us button below.
You will need to provide one proof of account ownership, which could be a debit / credit card statement showing Paytm account transactions, a confirmation email or SMS for a Paytm account transaction, proof of ownership of a phone number, or proof of a police complaint about a lost or a stolen phone.
Paytm will then verify and block your account, after which you will receive a confirmation message.
How to block a Google Pay account
- Google Pay users can call the hotline 18004190157 and select their preferred language.
- Choose the correct option for solving other problems.
- Select the option to speak with a professional who can help you block your Google Play account. In addition, Android users can remotely erase their data so that no one can access your Google account from your phone and therefore the Google Pay app.
- IOS users can do the same remote deletion of your data…
How to block a Phone Pe account
- Phone Pe users will need to call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- After selecting your preferred language, you will be asked if you would like to report a problem with your Phone Pe account, press the appropriate number.
- Enter the registered number and an OTP will be sent to you for confirmation.
- Then select the option to opt out of receiving the OTP.
- You will be given the option to report the loss of your SIM card or device, select it.
- You will then be contacted by a representative who will help you block your Phone Pe account after receiving some information such as phone number, email ID, last payment, last transaction amount, etc.
Disclosure: Parent company Paytm One97 is an investor in Gadgets 360 NDTV.