Best Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Deals in October 2022
If you’re hoping to splurge on a fancy Galaxy Z Fold 3, then you’re in luck – the Z Fold 4 Fold 3 is cheaper than ever.
Samsung launched its flagship foldable phone last August alongside the smaller Z Flip 3. The phones were released alongside the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Buds 2, refreshing Samsung’s mobile, audio and wearable product lines for 2021.
The premium Galaxy Z Fold 3 benefited from some amazing discounts last year, especially during Black Friday, but whether you want to buy SIM-free (unlocked) or contract, there are now even more significant deals on which are worth paying attention to. – the best of which we have selected in this article.
Why not also check out our roundup of the best Galaxy Z Flip 3 deals and where to buy the Galaxy Watch 4, as well as what to expect from the Galaxy Z Fold 4 if you prefer to buy the newer model.
How much does the Galaxy Z Fold 3 cost?
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in the following configurations and prices in the US, UK, Europe and India:
- 12GB RAM / 256GB storage – $1,799 / £1,599 / €1,799 /₹ 149 999
- 12GB RAM / 512GB storage – $1899 / £1699 / €1999 /₹ 157 999
The Z Fold 3 is available in Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Z Fold 3 if you want to know more about the phone’s cameras, display, and specs.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 deals
Save $850 in the US
If you buy directly from Samsungthe phone is available for $350 off, which works out to just $1,449, with additional discounts if you’re trading in an older phone.
Other places are even cheaper. Best Buy offers up to $850 off if you want the phone tethered to AT&T, making the phone just $949. Verizon customers can get it for $999 and T-Mobile customers for $1,099, and if you want to unlock the phone, it will cost $1,499.
Save £300 in the UK
The best deal so far comes from Laptops Direct: You can save £300 on the 256GB model by getting it for “only” £1299, or you can opt for the Z Fold 3 with double the storage (512GB) for £1399.
It’s slightly more on Amazon, where the 256GB model costs £1,303.
If you prefer to buy from the source, it’s all the same £1599 direct from Samsungbut there are big trade-in discounts and 12 months of free Disney+ offered among other perks.
Where to buy Galaxy Z Fold 3 without a SIM card
Where to buy Galaxy Z Fold 3 on contract
Currently the UK’s biggest contract deals are boosting data so you can get anywhere from 100GB to unlimited data with your phone. Contract agreements in the US offer the phone upfront for free in some cases when you trade in your old device and sign up for an unlimited plan.
- Verizon – Get a $200 Verizon Gift Card.
- AT&T – unlimited data for $85/month with HBO Max included
- US Cellular – Unlimited Data for $49/month with 2x Redbox Movies
- EE – Some plans currently include £10 off the original cost and £10 off the monthly cost. Some plans also include a free Note Pack that includes a flip case, S Pen, and a 25W fast charger.
- O2 – Best Plan: 30GB data for £70.98 per month, £50 upfront
- Sky Mobile – Best Plan: Get 50GB data for £72/month, £36 upfront
- Three – Best Plan: Get unlimited data for £83/month, £99 upfront
- Virgin – Get unlimited traffic for £72 per month, no upfront fees
- Vodafone – Plans start at £68 per month with £49 upfront.
- Available mobile phones – Best Plan: 100GB data for £58/month, £199.99 upfront
- Warehouse of telephones – Best Plan: Unlimited data for £93 per month, £99 upfront
- Mobile phones directly Best Plan: Unlimited data for £77/month, £99 upfront
What’s new in Galaxy Z Fold 3?
One of the biggest productivity-focused updates to the Z Fold 3 is S Pen support, which Samsung already offers on its Note and Galaxy Tab S line of tablets. Customers can now choose between the S Pen Fold Edition or S Pen Pro to use with the Z Fold 3 Both S Pens have special retractable tips designed to protect screens from excessive force. Samsung is offering the S Pen to customers for free with purchase in select markets.
See our review where it got 4/5 stars and an Editors’ Choice badge.
Other productivity features on the Fold 3 include a new taskbar for faster and easier access to apps, and “flex mode” that allows users to multi-task across two screens. Fold 3 owners can, for example, use one half of the phone for video calls (with optimized support for Microsoft Teams) and the other half for taking notes.
There’s also great durability. Samsung promises the Fold 3 can withstand up to 200,000 folds, and the new IPX8 water resistance, “Armour Aluminum” casing – which Samsung claims is the strongest aluminum used in a phone – and a Gorilla Glass Victus display that’s “80 % more durable. than previous devices”, also join the list of durability upgrades.