September 14, 2021
Apple’s most popular iPad offers even more advanced features and functions
The 10.2-inch iPad features A13 Bionic, Center Stage, True Tone, and now starts with dual storage, all at an incredible value.
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today unveiled the new iPad (9th generation), with the powerful A13 Bionic chip that incorporates even more performance and capacity into the most popular iPad, all while maintaining its battery life all day long.1 Starting at just $ 329, the new iPad features a 10.2-inch Retina display with True Tone, a 12MP Ultra Wide front-facing camera with Center Stage, support for Apple Pencil (1st generation) and Smart Keyboard,uiPadOS intuitive 15, and twice the storage of the previous generation. The new iPad is available to order from today on apple.com, and in stores starting Friday, September 24th.
“The iPad has never been more essential to working, learning and communicating, and we’re excited to bring one of the biggest updates ever made to our most popular iPad,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of World Marketing. . “With the powerful A13 Bionic, more demanding video calls with Center Stage, and double storage, the new iPad offers advanced capabilities, versatility and simplicity at incredible value.”
A13 Bionic with Neural Engine Brings More Performance to iPad
The new iPad is equipped with the powerful A13 Bionic chip, which provides a 20 percent performance boost over the previous generation. This makes the new iPad up to 3 times faster than the best-selling Chromebook,and up to a whopping 6x faster than the best-selling Android tablet.2 The added performance will allow users to seamlessly manage advanced apps and games on the iPad at the most affordable price. The Neural Engine in A13 Bionic also powers next-level machine learning capabilities, including Live Text that comes in iPadOS 15, which uses the intelligence in the device to recognize text in a photo that users can act on.
Advanced 12MP Ultra Wide Front Camera with Central Stage
The Central Stage experience on iPad Pro is now available on the iPad, powered by the new 12MP Ultra Wide front camera and Neural Engine, so users can enjoy even more demanding video calls. When users move, Center Stage automatically switches the camera to keep it in view. When the others join in, the camera detects them as well, and slowly expands to include them in the conversation. Center Stage makes video calling more natural in FaceTime as well as in third-party video calling apps. Whether it’s meeting virtually with loved ones or using iPads in a remote learning environment, Center Stage makes the connection experience more challenging than ever.
Show 10.2-inch True Tone Features for an Enhanced Viewing Experience
For the first time, True Tone comes to the beautiful 10.2-inch Retina display on iPad. A new updated ambient light sensor enables True Tone, which adjusts the content of the screen to the color temperature of a room. True Tone on the new iPad makes the images more natural and provides users with a more pleasurable viewing experience in all lighting environments.
Double the Storage to Make More Travel
With its fine-grained design and cellular option,3 iPad gives users the freedom to work, learn, play, and connect at home or on the go. The new iPad starts with 64 GB of memory – double the storage of the previous generation – which offers even more value to iPad users. A 256GB option is also available for users looking to store more apps, games, photos and videos.
Experience iPad even more intuitively with iPadOS 15
iPadOS 15 brings new features that take advantage of iPad’s unique capabilities, helping users be more productive, while also bringing iPad versatility:
- Multitasking is even more intuitive, making features like Split View and Slide Over easier to discover, easier to use and more powerful.
- New widget layouts for the Home Screen and App Library offer simple ways to customize the iPad experience and organize apps.
- Notes runs throughout the system with Quick Note, and offers new ways to collaborate and organize, either by writing or writing with Apple Pencil.
- The Translation app comes to the iPad with new features that make conversations easier and more natural, including Machine Translation and face-to-face view.
- Live Text uses the intelligence of the device to recognize the text in a photo and allow users to act. For example, a snapshot of a display case may reveal a phone number and the option to make a call.
- Focus allows users to automatically filter notifications based on what they currently do, such as working out, reading, exercising, playing games or sleeping.
- FaceTime calls feel more natural with spatial audio and a new Portrait mode. And now, FaceTime Group provides the option to display participants on tiles of the same size in a new grid view.
iPad is the Environment
The new iPad features 100% recycled aluminum in the frame – marking a major milestone where every model in the iPad line now has 100% recycled aluminum. The iPad also uses 100% recycled tin in the welding of the main logic board, and 100% of the rare earth elements recycled in the magnets in the environment.
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, it expects to have a net zero climate impact across its business, which includes the supply chain manufacturing and all of its life cycles. products. This means that every Apple device sold, from component manufacturing, assembly, transportation, customer use, charging, to recycling and material recovery, will be 100% carbon neutral.
Prices and Availability
- The new iPad is available to order today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the United States, with availability starting Friday, September 24th.
- IPad Wi-Fi models are available with a starting price of $ 329 (US), and Wi-Fi + Cellular models depart from $ 459 (US), in silver and finished space gray. The new iPad starts with 64 GB of memory – double the storage of the previous generation. A 256GB option is also available.
- iPadOS 15, the powerful operating system designed specifically for the iPad, is available starting Monday, September 20th, and ships free with the new iPad. iPadOS 15 will be available as a free software update for iPad mini 4 and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and all iPad Pro models.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with iPad (9th generation) for $ 99 (US).
- Smart Keyboard for iPad is available for purchase separately $ 159 (US) with availability for more than 30 languages, including Simplified Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Smart Cover for iPad is available for $ 49 (US) in black, white and English lavender.
- Customers can purchase any Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad model directly from apple.com/store or at an Apple Store and go up to $ 200 (US) returns from T-Mobile / Sprint or Verizon with activation. The terms apply. For more eligibility requirements see apple.com/shop/buy-ipad. Customers can also switch to their current iPad and get credit for a new one.
- Record iPads with a significant mix of emoji, text and numbers, all for free, at apple.com/store or in the Apple Store app.
- Apple provides customers with a number of in-store and online services that make their Apple sales experience unique. With personalized support and advice from Apple Specialists, convenient deals and recovery options, free engraving, and special ways to save money with Apple’s carrier offerings and great exchange values, Apple ensures the best way to buy Apple products from both the Apple Store and Apple .com / store.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS – provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and enable people with advanced services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. More than 100,000 Apple employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and leaving the world better than we found them.
- Battery life varies depending on usage and configuration.
- Tests conducted by Apple in August 2021 using iPad pre-production systems (9th generation) with the Apple A13 Bionic chip, as well as Qualcomm SDM 429 production Android tablet systems based on the latest version of Android 11 available at the time of testing , and production of Intel Celeron N4000-based Chromebook systems with the latest version of Chrome OS 92 available at the time of testing. The best-selling systems are based on publicly available sales data over the past 12 months. Tested with common tasks in business applications and selected industry standard benchmarks. Performance depends on device settings, usage, environment, and many other factors. Performance tests are done with specific systems and reflect the approximate performance of iPad.
- Wireless plan and coverage are required. Speeds will vary. Check with carriers for details.
Apple Media Support