Apple unveils the new iPad mini with advanced features in a stunning new design
September 14, 2021
Apple unveils the new iPad mini with advanced features in a stunning new design
The iPad mini features an all-screen design, the A15 Bionic chip, Center Stage, 5G, and even more
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today unveiled the powerful new iPad mini – with a larger 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display – in four gorgeous finishes. Equipped with the new A15 Bionic chip, the new iPad mini provides performance up to 80 percent faster than the previous generation, making it the most capable iPad mini ever. A new USB-C port allows a faster connection, and mobile models with 5G bring more flexible mobile workflows. New advanced cameras, Central Stage, and support for Apple Pencil (2nd generation)it allows new ways for users to capture photos and videos, communicate with their loved ones, and annotate their ideas when creativity strikes. The new iPad mini is available to order from today, and will be in stores starting Friday, September 24th.
“With its ultraportable design and wide range of uses, from everyday skills to creative and enterprise applications, there’s nothing more like the iPad mini,” said Greg Joswiak, vice president. Apple Senior in World Marketing. “With a new Liquid Retina full-screen display, a massive boost in performance, new advanced front and rear cameras, Central Stage, USB-C, 5G, and support for Apple Pencil, the new iPad mini is a huge leap forward which can be held in the palm of your hand. ”
New All-Screen Design in Four Splendid Finishes
Moccamaster KBG Select filter coffee machine review11 hours ago
The new iPad mini offers an amazing experience in a gorgeous new range of finishes – pink, light star, purple and space gray. The iPad mini features a 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display with narrow borders, all keeping the same compact footprint. With advanced technologies such as 500 nits of brightness, a wide range of P3 colors, anti-reflective screen coating, True Tone, and full lamination, the images and video will be vibrant and reach all the way to the surface of the glass. And the new landscape stereo speakers, combined with the new display, provide a great movie viewing experience.
The full screen layout is activated by moving Touch ID to the top button of iPad mini. Touch ID offers the same ease of use and secure authentication that users know and love – to unlock the iPad mini, access apps, or use Apple Pay. The iPad mini now supports Apple Pencil (2nd generation), which magnetically attaches to the iPad mini for wireless charging and pairing.
A15 Bionic Brings Powerful Performance to iPad mini
The iPad mini gets a big boost of performance from the new A15 Bionic chip, with its incredibly efficient design offering all-day battery life.1 The 6-core CPU offers a 40% jump in performance, and the 5-core GPU offers an 80% jump in graphics performance compared to the previous generation iPad mini. A15 Bionic on iPad mini handles even the most demanding tasks – from graphically rich games to pro apps used by designers, pilots, doctors, and even more. With its powerful performance and compact design, iPad mini is the ultimate tool that users can take anywhere.
Advanced machine learning (ML) features are powered by a 16-core Neural Engine and new ML accelerators in the CPU, giving 2x faster ML tasks than its predecessor. Combined with the CPU and GPU, the Neural Engine allows applications to provide next-level experiences, such as image recognition and natural language learning. With iPadOS 15, powerful and new ML features include Live Text, which uses the intelligence in the device to recognize text in photos that users can act on, and also translates text from photos into seven different languages.2
Central Stage Comes to iPad mini with New Advanced Camera
The Stage Center experience on iPad Pro is now available on the iPad mini, so users can enjoy even more demanding video calls. An updated Ultra Wide front camera with a new 12MP sensor and a much larger field of view allow for Central Stage, which automatically tilts the camera to keep users in view as they move. When others join in, the camera detects them as well, and slowly expands to include them easily in the conversation.
The rear camera now features a 12MP sensor with Focus Pixels and a larger aperture for capturing sharp and vivid photos. The rear camera also features a True Tone flash, perfect for capturing images in low light. With a new ISP in A15 Bionic, users will also see remarkable looking photos with Smart HDR, which will improve image quality by recovering details in shadows and highlights.
5G is USB-C for a faster connection
With 5G now available on the iPad mini, customers can do even more with a faster wireless connection on the go. 5G allows the iPad mini to reach top speeds up to 3.5 Gbps under ideal conditions.3 Users can now stay connected and be even more productive wherever they are – from everyday activities like friends playing games, to field service technicians working on site. Combined with continuous support for Gigabit LTE and eSIM, iPad mini offers incredible flexibility when users need to connect. Wi-Fi 6 also ensures faster Wi-Fi connections.
The iPad mini now features a USB-C port for data transfer up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than the previous generation, and connects to a vast ecosystem of USB-C accessories, including cameras and external storage. and displays up to 4K. USB-C allows workflows with high-bandwidth input and output for everyday users and creative professionals – perfect for a photographer who connects cameras when shooting in place, or a doctor who directs an ultrasound at distance.
Experience iPad even more intuitively with iPadOS 15
iPadOS 15 brings new features that take advantage of iPad’s unique capabilities, helping users be more productive and also bringing the versatility of iPad mini:
- The new widget layouts for the Home Screen and App Library offer simple ways to customize iPad mini and organize apps.
- Notes runs throughout the system with Quick Note, and offers new ways to collaborate and organize, either by writing or writing with Apple Pencil.
- The Translation app comes to the iPad with new features that make conversations easier and more natural, including Machine Translation and face-to-face view.
- Multitasking is even more intuitive, making features like Split View and Slide Over easier to discover, easier to use and more powerful.
- Live Text uses the intelligence of the device to recognize the text in a photo and allow users to act. For example, a snapshot of a display case may reveal a phone number and the option to make a call.
- Focus allows users to automatically filter notifications based on what they currently do, such as working out, reading, exercising, playing games or sleeping.
- FaceTime calls feel more natural with spatial audio and a new Portrait mode. And now, FaceTime Group provides the option to display participants on tiles of the same size in a new grid view.
Apple Pencil (2nd generation) turns the iPad mini into a digital journal and sketchbook users can take it anywhere. With wireless charging and pairing, and dual-touch support, Apple Pencil offers perfect pixel accuracy and low latency at first glance, making writing as easy and natural as pen and paper.
A new Smart Folio designed for the iPad mini has a slim and lightweight cover and offers open-to-wake and close-to-sleep functionality. The Smart Folio now comes in beautiful coordinating colors that complement the brand new iPad mini: black, white, dark cherry, English lavender and electric orange.
iPad is the Environment
The iPad mini features 100% recycled aluminum in the accent – marking a major milestone where every model in the iPad line now has a 100% recycled aluminum accent. The iPad mini also uses 100% recycled tin in the main logic board solder, and 100% rare earth recycled elements in the magnets in the case and speakers.
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for global corporate operations, and by 2030, it expects to have a net zero climate impact across its business, which includes the supply chain manufacturing and all of its life cycles. products. This means that every Apple device sold, from component manufacturing, assembly, transportation, customer use, charging, to recycling and material recovery, will be 100% carbon neutral.
Prices and Availability
- The new iPad mini is available to order today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the United States, with availability starting Friday, September 24th.
- IPad mini Wi-Fi models are available with a starting price of $ 499 The (US) and Wi-Fi + Cellular models start from $ 649 (US). The new iPad mini, in 64GB and 256GB configurations, comes in pink, starlight, purple and space gray finishes.
- iPadOS 15, the powerful operating system designed specifically for the iPad, is available starting Monday, September 20, and ships free with the new iPad mini. iPadOS 15 will be available as a free software update for iPad mini 4 and later, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, and all iPad Pro models.
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation), available for purchase separately, is compatible with iPad mini for $ 129 (US).
- The new Smart Folio for iPad mini is available for $ 59 (US) in black, white, dark cherry, English lavender and electric orange.
- Customers can purchase any Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad model directly from apple.com/store or at an Apple Store and go up to $ 200 (US) returns from T-Mobile / Sprint or Verizon with activation. The terms apply. For more eligibility requirements see apple.com/shop/buy-ipad. Customers can also switch to their current iPad and get credit for a new one.
- Record iPads with a significant mix of emoji, text and numbers, all for free, at apple.com/store or in the Apple Store app.
- Apple provides customers with a number of in-store and online services that make their Apple sales experience unique. With personalized support and advice from Apple Specialists, convenient deals and recovery options, free engraving, and special ways to save money with Apple’s carrier offerings and great exchange values, Apple ensures the best way to buy Apple products from both the Apple Store and Apple .com / store.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS – provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and enable people with advanced services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. More than 100,000 Apple employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and leaving the world better than we found them.
- Battery life varies depending on usage and configuration.
- Language translations of live texts include English, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
- 5G wireless plan and coverage required. Speeds will vary. Check with carriers for details.
Apple Media Support