October 18, 2021
Apple presents HomePod mini in new bold and expressive colors
HomePod mini offers impressive sound, works seamlessly with the iPhone, features Siri intelligence, and is the foundation for any smart home
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today unveiled the HomePod mini in three bold new colors – yellow, orange and blue – giving users more ways to express their personality and style in any space. At just 3.3 inches tall, HomePod mini offers a great music listening experience, Siri intelligence, and smart home capabilities, with built-in privacy and security. Its seamless integration into Apple products and services make the HomePod mini the ultimate smart speaker for anyone with an Apple device. HomePod mini will be available in these new colors, with white and space gray, with colorful details throughout, including the tinted touch surface, mesh fabric, volume icons and woven power cord, starting in November for just 99 $.
“HomePod mini sounds incredible, and with access to more than 90 million songs in the global Apple Music catalog and deep integration with your Apple devices, it’s the indispensable smart speaker for iPhone users,” said Bob Borchers, Apple’s vice president in Product Marketing. “With new vibrant colors, HomePod mini adapts even in most places and offers amazing sound, Siri power, and simple and secure smart home controls, all while protecting your privacy.”
Big Sound in a Compact Speaker
HomePod mini uses computational audio to provide a rich and detailed acoustic experience and provides cutting-edge performance. To get great sound out of such a compact design, the Apple S5 chip runs advanced software to analyze the unique features of music. It also applies complex tuning models to optimize loudness, adjust dynamic range, and control the movement of the conductor and passive radiators, all in real time. The HomePod mini’s full-range driver, premium neodymium magnet, and a pair of passive power-canceling radiators allow it to produce deep bass and sharp high frequencies.
An acoustic waveguide designed by Apple directs the flow of sound toward the bottom of the speaker for an immersive 360-degree audio experience. This concept not only preserves richness and clarity, but facilitates the placement of HomePod mini anywhere in a room and enjoys amazing sound from every angle. When placed in multiple rooms, the HomePod mini speakers allow users to play the same music throughout the house, all in perfect sync, or a different song in each room. Placing two HomePod mini speakers in the same room creates a stereo pair for an even more immersive experience when listening to music. An array of three microphones listens to “Hey Siri,” and a fourth microphone pointed at the inside helps cancel out the sound coming from the speaker to improve Siri’s ability to hear voice requests when music is playing.
Apple Music Voice on HomePod mini
HomePod mini is designed to work with Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, thousands of radio stations including the award-winning Apple Music Station 1, and popular music services like Pandora, Deezer, and others, providing entertainment for everyone.1 Apple Music offers more than 90 million songs, all curated by world-class experts and tasters; thousands of curated playlists, including hundreds created specifically for the Apple Music Voice Plan; is more than 25,000 episodes of exclusive radio and other original content. With the introduction of this new subscription level, even more people will have access to this incredible, hands-free catalog, just by asking Siri.2
Latest Smart Speaker for iPhone users
When listening to music or podcasts, or taking a phone call, users can seamlessly stream audio without missing a beat by tapping their iPhone to HomePod mini. The experience becomes more magical with any U1-equipped iPhone – with visual, audible and haptic effects that make you feel like the devices are physically connected as sound flows from one to the other. If you don’t play anything on the HomePod mini, custom listening tips will automatically appear on the iPhone when it’s close to the speaker, and instant controls are available without the need to unlock the iPhone.3
Powerful Smart Assistant
With Siri intelligence, HomePod mini offers a personalized and deeply integrated experience for iPhone customers. Siri can recognize the voices of up to six family members, adapt music and podcasts to their preferences, and answer personal questions, such as reading their messages, reminders, notes, and appointments. the calendar, or make and answer phone calls.4 Siri also provides users with a personal update for a quick snapshot of their day. Users may ask “Hey Siri, what’s my update?” to hear the latest news, weather, traffic, reminders and calendar appointments with a single request.
Control Smart Home effortlessly
HomePod mini makes controlling smart home accessories effortlessly with simple voice commands for Siri to turn off lights, change temperature, lock doors, set a scene, or control devices at specific times. Users can also get hands-free help by talking directly with various Siri-enabled smart home accessories. By design, Siri-enabled accessories transmit requests through a user’s HomePod mini on the same network, providing the level of privacy that customers expect from Apple.
The interface gives people a quick and easy way to connect at home. Users can send an Intercom message from one HomePod mini to another – whether in a different room, a specific area, or multiple rooms throughout the house – and their voice message automatically plays on the designated HomePod mini. The intercom also works with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay, so everyone at home can receive Intercom notifications and send Intercom messages from the backyard, on the way home, or while away.
Designed with Privacy and Security in mind
Privacy and security are fundamental to the design of Apple hardware, software and services. With HomePod mini, only after “Hey Siri” is recognized locally on the device, or the active Siri user to touch it, any information will be sent to Apple’s servers. The requests are not associated with the user’s Apple ID, nor is the personal information used for Apple’s advertising purposes or sold to other organizations. HomePod mini works with iPhone to complete requests for messages and notes on the device without revealing the information to Apple.
- Extended multi-user voice recognition: Starting later this year, Siri will extend support for multi-user voice recognition in all regions where HomePod mini is available so everyone at home can enjoy music tailored to their taste profile, accessing their own playlists, use Personal Requests, and even more.
- Automatic Siri volume: Siri will also automatically adjust the speaker volume in HomePod mini based on the room environment and user volume.
- More different voice options for Siri: Siri now includes more different voice options for English speakers in the United States, so users can choose the voice that speaks to them directly from the beginning when they have set up their device.
- Elevate the sound on Apple TV 4K: Users can pair HomePod mini with Apple TV 4K for a powerful sound experience with a wide range and high fidelity. Using computational audio, HomePod mini constantly analyzes the audio and models the performance to transmit a clear dialogue.
- Apple TV controls: Together, Siri and HomePod mini feed new ways for users to interact with Apple TV. For example, users can ask Siri to turn on Apple TV, start a show or movie, and control playback.
- Sounds fun: Ask Siri on HomePod mini what sounds like various animals, instruments or vehicles and Siri will play a fun and high-fidelity sound.
- New ways to control smart home devices: Siri can control smart home accessories at specific times, so Siri can turn off the lights in 10 minutes or turn on the porch lights at sunset.
- Find my: Ask Siri on HomePod mini to help you find the wrong iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, or AirTag, sounding a sound to pinpoint their location.
HomePod mini is the environment
HomePod mini has been designed with the environment in mind and supports Apple’s plans to have a net-zero climate impact throughout the business, which includes the supply chain manufacturing and all of the company’s life cycles. product, by 2030. HomePod mini uses 99 percent recycled rare earth elements, with the neodymium magnet in the speaker conductor using 100 percent recycled rare earth elements. The seamless mesh fabric is made with more than 90 percent recycled plastic, and all the packaging wood fibers are from responsibly managed forests or from recycled sources. HomePod mini is also free of mercury, BFR, PVC and beryllium.
HomePod mini uses power-efficient components and software that can intelligently turn them on during periods of inactivity. For example, through optimized power management features and a highly efficient power supply, HomePod mini has been designed to be efficient in its Low Power Mode, where most of the time it is past. HomePod mini consumes 75 percent less energy than the stringent requirements for ENERGY STAR.
Prices and Availability
- HomePod mini will be available in yellow, orange and blue, in addition to white and gray space, for $ 99 (US) from apple.com/store, in the Apple Store app, is in the Apple Store locations. HomePod mini will also be available through Apple Authorized Resellers and carrier selectors (prices may vary).
- Customers in Australia, Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Taiwan, u United Kingdom, and u US you can buy HomePod mini from November.
- HomePod mini is compatible with iPhone SE, iPhone 6s or later, or iPod touch (7th generation) running iOS 15; iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2 or later; or iPad mini 4 or later version with iPadOS 15.
- Customers in the United States receive 3 percent Cash Daily every time they purchase directly from Apple with an Apple Card.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS – provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and enable people with advanced services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. More than 100,000 Apple employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and leaving the world better than we found them.
- A subscription may be required for music streaming services.
- The new Apple Music Voice Plan will be available later this fall in selected countries and regions for $ 4.99 per month.
- Requires a U1 equipped iPhone. Ultra Wideband availability varies by region. A subscription may be required for music streaming services.
- Multi-user features are available in English in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Beginning later this year, Siri support for multi-user voice recognition on HomePod mini will expand to additional regions.
Apple Media Support