UnitedHealth Group 2020 Sustainability Report describes what the healthcare giant has accomplished for its members and the goals it hopes to achieve in the near future.
Here are some highlights:
- It provides annual preventive care services to 85% of its members by 2030.
- Lower your cost of care and prescribed medications. UnitedHealth said it would expand discounts on the drug and has promoted a tool by OptumRx, one of the company’s partners, as a way to inform doctors about the cost of the drugs they prescribe.
- Provide 55% of outpatient and radiology services at high-quality, cost-effective 2030 care sites.
- Closing 600 million gaps in its care by 2025 will ensure providers have access to data on the health needs of their patient populations, said Dr Margaret Wilson, executive vice president and associate medical director of the UnitedHealth Group.
- UnitedHealth is also committed to focusing on diversity and environmental sustainability, but has not shared goals in these two areas.
Over the past decade, UnitedHealth has said it has spent about $ 3.5 billion on various providers, and by 2020 this will have led to $ 1.1 billion in revenues earned by various companies, 8,200 supported jobs and 443 million dollars in employee salaries.
UnitedHealth said environmental health is “a key part of what makes the communities where we live and work sustainable, viable and healthy.” In 2020, UnitedHealth will reduce its energy consumption by only 1.6%, compared to 2.9% in 2019.
According to the report, by 2020 the company will earn $ 257.1 billion in total revenue, serve 142 million individuals and recruit 600,000 members in its new Virtual Primary Care Plan.
UnitedHealthcare has been criticized recently for its announcement a policy allowing the insurer to retroactively reject patients ’non-emergent emergency care requests as a way to save money, and since then delayed the implementation of the policy.