Remember Sail Forth? An ocean adventure game that by definition exudes the strong vibe of Zelda: The Wind Waker and is slated to launch on Switch? Well, we have good news and bad news.
The good news is that a brand new trailer has been released (see above), showcasing new gameplay and a selection of quirky NPCs and creatures you’ll come across in the game. “The open sea is calling,” the press release says. Are you ready for an adventure that will uncover long-buried secrets and change the world?
The bad news is that Sail Forth has once again been pushed back, moving from an expected release in 2021 to some time in 2022. Delays are always annoying, but we are also always happy to wait if that means the final product will be on sale. this is the best.
Here’s a feature list that will tell you a little more:
– Over 30 hours of gameplay in 7 unique worlds
– Intriguing and multifaceted storytelling with different factions, side quests and bosses.
– Realistic sailing mechanics and automatic control of sailing rigs for different play styles.
– Procedurally generated ocean world with dynamic day-night system and weather.
– Fishing, racing, photography and other side quests and mini-games.
– Ambient and responsive soundtrack for total immersion
Publisher The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild explains why the game was delayed:
“Over the past year, Sail Forth has gone from being a sailing simulator to a full-blown ocean adventure with tons of new content, missions, characters and storytelling. With the scale of the game going beyond our original plan, we had to postpone the release to next year to make sure Sail Forth is the epic adventure our players deserve. ”
Looking forward to it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.