Drinkbox Studios, best known for their Metroidvania Guacamelee! and Guacamele 2! announced that the top-down RPG No One Saves the World will be released on Nintendo Switch on April 14 for $24.99.
Originally released on Xbox and PC on January 18, 2022, the game marks a drastic departure from Guacamelee! series and the touch-focused action game Severed, marking Drinkbox’s first true foray into the RPG genre. The Switch version will launch local co-op on Day 1, where two players can play together in tabletop mode.
Here are some key features of DrinkBox Studios:
– Transform into MANY FORMS: Unlock over 15 different forms, from Rat to Rogue to Robot, each with their own unique game mechanics.
– Mix and Match FEATURES: Combine over 80 shape abilities to create powerful custom builds. Play as an egg that can leave a trail of slime and shoot fireballs!!! We cannot stop you!
– Non-standard TASKS: Help the strange inhabitants of this world cope with their troubles. Each Form also has its own set of quests that you can complete creatively.
– Online co-op: Invite a friend to go through all or part of your adventure together.
– Amazing soundtrack: New original music by renowned composer Jim Guthrie.
Drinkbox Studio co-founder Graham Smith had this to say about the release of the Switch:
“We are already 14 years old, and Nobody saves the world quickly became one of our most successful games. Whenever we try to create something completely new, it seems like a big gamble, so we are very happy that the game has found its audience, and we hope that even more people will be able to enjoy it now that it comes to PlayStation and Switch. Who knows maybe we’ll have more Nobody saves the world ideas and shapes to explore in the future!”
Our sister site Pure Xbox reviewed the game earlier this year, awarding it an 8/10 and praising the “excellent and exciting dungeon crawling action” and the wide range of options available through its many skill sets.
Will you be collecting No One Saves the World when it releases later this month? Let us know!