Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta (2206.220502-2200)
Hey Xbox Insiders! We have a new Xbox update preview coming in the beta ring. It is important to note that some of the updates made in these OS preview builds include background improvements that provide a quality and stable build for Xbox consoles.
We continue to publish these release notes even when noticeable changes to the user interface are minimal, so that you know when updates arrive on your device. Details can be found below!
System update details:
- Released OS version: XB_FLT_2206CO22000.4898.220502-2200
- In stock: 2:00 PM PT – May 5, 2022
- Mandatory: 3:00 AM PT – May 6, 2022
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we’re excited to announce that the following fixes have been implemented in this build:
- Various updates to properly display local languages in the console.
- Note. Preview users may see “weird” text in the console. For more information go here.
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These questions are not being ignored, but it will take more time for Xbox engineers to find a solution.
We are still monitoring these known issues:
- We’ve received several reports of user controllers randomly getting out of sync or disconnecting from the console. If you encounter this behavior, please verify this and report the issue after reconnecting.
- Some users have reported that the Xbox button on the Razer Turret does not work to access the Manual.
- Workaround: Instead of the Xbox button, you can use either the Windows key or even the Windows key + X to access the Guide.
- We are investigating reports that the audio mixer is unable to adjust chat/game audio levels.
- We have received several reports that HDMI-CEC is not working properly.
- Note: Please make sure your TV supports HDMI-CEC and is also turned on before submitting a review.
- Some users have reported that the icon for the disc-based title does not appear in the toolbar.
My games and apps
- Titles in the gallery may not display correctly with the “trial” tag.
- We have received reports that some users are unable to connect to their network when loading the console. We are aware and investigating.
- Workaround: Go to “Network Settings” and select “Test Network Connection” and the console should connect to the network without problems. If that doesn’t work, restarting the console should fix the issue.
- Note: Make sure you restart your console and then file a problem through Report a Problem.
- Some users have reported “flickering” when navigating/browsing the Store catalog.
- We have received reports that trailers are not playing on product pages.
- Some users have reported that the console appears at the wrong resolution when loading. We are aware and investigating.
- Note: If you experience this behavior, please make sure you submit feedback immediately via Report a Problem. Please include the make/model of your TV/display in the description.
- Workaround: Restarting the console via the Power menu (holding down the Xbox button shows the Power menu) should resolve this issue. If not, make sure you look at the troubleshooting herespecifically the section on updating your TV’s firmware.
Be sure to use Report a problem to keep us updated on your issue. We may not be able to answer everyone, but the data we collect is critical to resolving the issue.
How to Get Xbox Insider Support
If you’re an Xbox Insider and need support, please contact community subreddit. Official Xbox staff, moderators, and other Xbox Insiders are here to help with your concerns.
When posting to a subreddit, look at the most recent posts to see if your issue has already been posted or resolved. We always recommend adding threads with the same issue before posting a new one. This helps us support you the best we can! Don’t forget to use “Report a problem” before posting – the information posted in both places will help us better understand your problem.
Thanks to all the Xbox Insiders on the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-driven center of communication and support.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us at Twitter. Stay tuned for the upcoming Xbox Insider Release Notes for more on the Xbox Update Preview Ring!