IN Media Indie Exchange showcase we got a whole new look at the upcoming indie platformer Tinykin. Blending 3D environments with paper-thin (literally) character models and picking up and dropping the little creatures that overtook your former home planet? It looks like a few smaller Nintendo games may have inspired a Splashteam game. Then he’ll be right at home on Switch!
Tinykin wears his heart on tiny sleeves, with visuals similar to Paper Mario and throwing pets like Pikmin. In the game, Milo, a boy from another planet, lands on Earth. There, he must team up with tiny creatures called “tinikins” to blaze trails and explore planet Earth. Yes, “our Earth” except that Milo is tiny and the planet has been stuck in the 90s for over 200 years! So we can expect giant Tamagotchis and Game Boys everywhere, right?
There are different colors of tinkin and each color is specialized in something else. For example, the pink tinkins are the strongest – shhh don’t tell the purple pikmin – so they can push or carry large objects.
Here’s what you can expect when you start exploring the Earth in miniature:
– Explore cities of ants, bugs and other insects built inside a giant house
– Meet characters wherever you go and learn their stories and history
– Catch over a hundred tiny crumbs in each city and use their special abilities to climb higher, break down doors and solve city problems!
– Skateboard on Milo’s tiny soapboard! Jump, grind and soar around the house
– Collect upgrades to upgrade Milo’s bubble wrap, build the Ardwin Museum, and assemble the mysterious Readme Machine!
A demo is currently available for download at Steamso if you can’t wait for Pikmin 4 then this should quench that itch.
You won’t have to wait long, as Tinkin is coming to Switch this summer. Why not check out the game official site to learn more, or wonder how weird cute these little alien creatures below:
Let us know what you think of Tinykin in the comments!