Back in February, Nintendo and MercurySteam announced that Metroid Dread for the Nintendo Switch would receive two new updates.
The first update, adding Horror and Rookie modes, was released on the same day as the announcement, and now the second update has finally been released – the addition of Boss Rush mode.
There are also a number of modes, including Survival Rush and Dread Rush. Last but not least, some general fixes. Below are the official patch notes, courtesy of the official Nintendo support page:
Ver. 2.1.0 (released April 7, 2022)
Added new modes
Three different boss battle modes have been added to the game. Press the R button on the Samus Files screen to go to the Boss Rush selection screen.
- A mode in which players fight in 12 non-stop boss battles and strive to set the best time.
- Any damage taken carries over to the next fight. The weapon is fully restored between fights.
- If Samus is defeated, players can choose to “Retry” to continue the game from the beginning of the lost battle. However, there is a time penalty for defeat.
- Bosses fighting in Boss Rush can be fought one on one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked after beating the main game once. (If the player completed the game before the release of the update, he will be able to play Boss Rush immediately after the update).
- The basic rules are the same as in Boss Rush, but if Samus gets hit by the boss, her energy drops to zero and she is defeated.
- Bosses in Dread Rush can be fought one on one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
*Unlocked after beating the main game in Horror Mode. (If the player completed Dread Mode prior to the release of the update, they will be able to play Dread Rush immediately after the update).
- Fixed an issue that caused the Game Over screen to not display properly when Samus took damage and was defeated immediately after destroying the central block.
Have you already downloaded this update? Did you notice anything else? Leave a comment below.