Marvel Snap expands with its next big update and upcoming space season. Not only will there be more than a dozen new, rare and powerful cards in the game, developer Second Dinner will add previously announced Token Shop for the game, allowing players to focus on grinding specific cards they want to unlock. It also explains how players who have already made progress in the game and missed previous opportunities to earn tokens will be rewarded.
Lately it seems like everyone and their friends are playing and talking about Marvel Snap. And I understand why. Free Card Battle has recently consumed my life with its colorful cards based on Marvel characters and creatures, small 12-card decks, and incredibly fast-paced six-way matches. All this makes even better the random zones, which can greatly change the match, so that every time you play it feels different and exciting. But even with random zones and card unlocks, some decks and strategies have become more popular lately, so it’s time to shake things up with 16 powerful new cards, as well as a brand new way to unlock them.
Marvel Snap Dev Second Dinner announced yesterday the next season, called Cosmic Power, will see a plethora of new cards added to the game. Big villain Thanos is coming along with all of his Infinity Stones, resulting in one of the most interesting and challenging maps in the game right now. She-Hulk, inspired by the success of her show on Disney+, will also arrive in Click when the next season airs on December 6th.
When the patch goes live, the new cards will be split into two new series, or pools as most players call them. These new pools will be very rare: cards from pool 5 like Thanos and Galactus will be 10x rarer than those from pool 4 (which are already much rarer from random drops than previous pools). However, you don’t have to unlock the entire pool 3 to start searching and unlocking pool 4 and 5 cards. And they will also appear in the token store, allowing players to grind them when the next patch opens.
Series/pool 4 cards
- She-Hulk (6/10) – Costs 1 less for each unspent energy last turn.
- Absorbing Man (4/3) – On Reveal: If the last card you played had the On Reveal ability, this card copies it.
- Luke Cage (2/1) – Ongoing: The power of your cards cannot be reduced.
- Agent Coulson (3/4) – At Showdown: Add a random 4-cost and 5-cost card to your hand.
- Helicarrier (6/10) – When you discard this from your hand, you add 3 random cards to your hand.
- M’Baku (1/2) – If you have him in your deck at the end of the game, he jumps to a random location.
- Attuma (4/10) – If you have another card at the end of your turn, destroy it.
- Orca (6/9) – Ongoing: +5 Strength if it’s your only card.
- Titania (1/5) – When any card is played at this location, that card changes sides.
- Mariah Hill (2/3) – At Showdown: Put a random 1-cost card into your hand.
Series/pool 5 cards
- Shuri (4/2) – When revealed: Double the power of the next card you play.
- Bast (1/1) – Showdown: Set the strength of all cards in your hand to 3.
- Thanos (6/8) – At the start of a match, shuffle six Infinity Stones into your deck.
- Galactus (6/3) – At Showdown: If this is your only card, destroy all other locations.
- Valkyrie (5/3) – At showdown: Set the strength of all cards in this location to 3.
- Super Skrull (4/2) – Long lasting: Has permanent effects of all enemy cards.
Second Dinner also talked more about the token store, which was previously announced on the official Discord server.
After the next update, players will start earning tokens along the collection path once they reach rank 500 of the collection. You can spend these tokens in the soon-to-be-added token store, which will have a random card that you don’t have. let it rotate every eight hours. If you see a card you really want, like Doctor Doom or Venom, and you have tokens, you can spend them right here and get that card. However, if you see a card you really want but don’t have the currency handy, that’s okay; Marvel Snap will allow you to block the store and grind until you want to earn the necessary tokens to buy the desired card.
Now, while the token store system sounds great and will help players get that very card they’ve been waiting for to build a certain deck, it really pissed off some who had already spent hours and hours playing the game. Perhaps they have already reached rank 900 or rank 1200 of the collection and missed the opportunity to get the tokens that will be coming soon. At first, Second Dinner had no plans to reward these players with anything. It went bad and last week Marvel Snap boss Ben Broad confirmed that this plan had changed.
Players will now receive a large amount of tokens the first time they log in after the update. How much you get will depend on the level of your collection.
- 500-999 Collection level: 3000 tokens
- 1000-2999 Collection level: 6000 tokens
- Collection level 3000+: 12,000 tokens
Considering the price of the cards (pool 3 cards cost 1000 tokens, pool 4 cards cost 3000, and pool 5 cards cost 6000), even lower level players will be able to take at least one card from the store. And if you haven’t reached 500 yet, don’t worry, Second Dinner says that once you hit 500 collection level, you’ll still get those tokens. Just another example of how weirdly nice Marvel Snap compared to many other free mobile games.
Marvel Snap’The next season will start on December 6, and at the same time, the next big patch will be released, which will add a token store and new cards. You still have time to claim all the rewards of this current Season with Wakanda and Black Panther Themetoo much.