Activision and Infinity Ward revealed new information about upcoming shooters today Modern Warfare 2 as well as Call of Duty Warzone 2. From the new map to war zone to new regimes MVIIhere are some of the most important and interesting things we learned from Call of Duty Next showcase.
Call of Duty Next big battle royale Warzone 2
- Next big evolution COD battle royale is Warzone 2which launches November 16, 2022 and will be free like the first war zone. While this new game is being built with next-gen hardware in mind, it will also be released on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Warzone 2which Activision calls “Warzone 2.0”, will be launched with a brand new map called Al Mazrah. This large desert also has several major cities for players to fight and explore.
- Warzone 2 as well as Modern Warfare 2 both games will share seasons and progress will also be shared between both games.
- Vehicles in Warzone 2 now the gas will run out, and you can shoot the tires with it.
- There’s a new gulag Warzone 2. (This is the area you enter when you die for the first time in the game.) This time, the Gulag will pair the players with another person and they will work together to defeat the other two players and earn their chance to get back into the fight.
- Interesting, Warzone 2 changes the battle royale formula by introducing multiple circles. This will separate the players for a while before the circles eventually converge in a more traditional battle royale ending.
- Infinity Ward says there will be 120 players per match and no bots. That’s a lot of people to kill. (Or avoid.)
New details about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- SWAT is back. It was a fan-favorite mode seen in the old CODsince and in 2019 Modern Warfare. And he’s back again for that new one Modern Warfare installment. As before, it will feature cooperative play for two players. The guys will work together to explore enemy-infested “hot zones” and complete tasks against an enemy that the developers have not yet revealed. This mode will be available at launch on October 28th.
- Dolphin diving is back. You will also be able to swim, don a robe, and hang from ledges. Previous modes of movement, such as tactical sprinting, have also returned, but have been tweaked and improved.
- Modern Warfare 2 Looks like there will be raids. These will be cooperative games for three players, similar to raids in Fate. Infinity Ward didn’t say much about this new mode during the event, and it won’t be released until after the game launches in October.
- First seen in original Modern Warfare 2Third-person online matches and playlists return in this reboot.
- Some larger modes will now support AI players. Charlie Intel reports that when you kill an AI player in “Invasion”, the game makes it clear that you killed a bot, not a real player.
New Call of Duty MW2 Information about the beta
Infinity Ward not only talked about their big new war zone game and next Call of Dutybut also shared new details about the upcoming beta. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II beta will start soon. Really very soon! It will go live on September 16 for PlayStation players who have pre-ordered the game or gained access through a pre-order code. It will then go into open beta on September 18 for all PS4 and PS5 players. It will then open to more players on more platforms on September 22nd. becomes completely open to all September 24th.
The beta will feature the standard 6v6 mode that most players have been waiting for, but it will also include a 32v32 ground war mode. Four maps will be included in the beta when it starts tomorrow: one each for Ground War and Invasion (large scale approach to deathmatch) and three for other modes.
Modern Warfare 2 Releases October 28 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Warzone 2 launches shortly thereafter on November 16, 2022 on the same platforms.