Just weeks after Nintendo completed content development for Animal Crossing: New HorizonsThe Camelot team has officially released the latest of their major updates for Mario Golf: Super Rush…
He adds new playable characters Shy Guy and Wiggler (yes, Wiggler). Two new levels: Shelltop Sanctuary and All-Star Summit, as well as two new modes – Target Golf and One-On, One-Putt. Along with these, there are a number of game balance adjustments and general updates.
Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official Nintendo support page:
Ver. 4.0.0 (released November 23, 2021)
- Added playable character “Wiggler”.
- Wiggler has been added as a playable character that can be played in matches. He is a power character who uses his long body to propel the ball further.
- When he uses a special shot or is attacked, he becomes furious and turn on for a certain time:
- The flight range of the ball is increased by 1.1 times.
- In Speed Golf, in addition to the distance, the running speed and speed of the Special Dash will be increased by 1.25 times. Additionally, Special Dash will change from direct to a special shot that hits the ground and sends out a shockwave.
- His Special Shot has the effect of blowing balls away from the point of impact, as well as from the surrounding area due to the impact of the berries that are launched with him.
- Added playable character “Shy Guy”.
- Shy Guy was added as a playable character in matches. He is a level-headed, versatile character that is easy to use in any situation.
- His special dash uses Fly Guys help to keep him flying until his meter runs out or a button is pressed. Use it at the right time to gain an advantage over your opponent.
- His Special Shot has the effect of knocking the balls around the point of impact.
- Added golf course, Shelltop Sanctuary.
- Added full “Shelltop Sanctuary” course, consisting entirely of short holes.
- Shelltop Sanctuary, where Cheep Cheeps fly, is a short course with all 18 holes, par 3.
- You can choose two levels of difficulty: “Amateur” and “Professional”. Switching between them will greatly change the arrangement of the greenery.
- Added golf course, Stars Summit
- Added the full All-Star Summit course using illustrations by Mario and others as motives.
- This course features familiar characters, and the field and bunker designs are different from other fields, so you can use a different strategy.
- Brick blocks scattered throughout the field can be broken by hitting them with a shot or a special dash. Smash them to get coins that replenish your energy.
- Climb the clouds found on the track to travel to opposite shores, or purchase Star Coins to fully recharge your energy.
- Added a new “Target Golf” mode.
- A new mode that only lets you play the first time without having to know the detailed rules of golf.
- Players take turns shooting five balls at a round target, competing for the highest score based on the points awarded according to the position they hit. The closer the ball is to the center of the target, the higher the score will be. However, if another player scores in an area first, that area will not count until the board returns to its original position. During the game, the types of balls can change, and the most productive targets appear, which give a chance to reverse.
- Can be played with motion controls.
- v To play golf you can play against up to four other players using one Joy-Con on one Nintendo Switch. You can also play against four other players in Local play and Online game…
- v Single call menu, you can also play single player Solo Challenge, Target Golf… The challenge is to see how many points you can score before you miss three times, which changes the type of ball and the direction of the wind.
- Added a new mode “One hit, one hit”.
- One hit, one hit was added to Individual account test, a mode in which you have to hit the green on the first swing and then put it in the cup on the second swing. The first shot must be on the field and the second shot into the cup.
- You can play this mode on New Donk City and Shelltop sanctuary, which only consist of short courses, in the Amateur and Professional configurations, respectively. V Shelltop sanctuary, Exists Special level of difficulty this requires that you use a dedicated golf club for each hole.
- Game balance adjustment
- Changed the amount of energy received when receiving coins from 1% to 4%.
- Adjusted the amount of coins that fall around you when you are attacked.
- Now, when attacking another player with Special Dash, coins discarded by the enemy will be collected automatically.
- Reduced stamina consumption when dashing with B button.
- When the stamina is completely depleted and the B button is held down, after a fixed amount of time, the stamina is restored and the player can dash again, even if the B button is constantly held.
- The CPUs are now more focused on collecting coins and hearts on the board than before.
- CPUs will now target special shots and special dashes at other players more than before.
- Medals are now displayed in the main menu, allowing you to check quests and achievements.
- A guide explaining how to play will now be displayed every time you start using the motion controls.
- Spin will no longer be added after Pin Shots and Flag Shots.
- Adjusted the location of some trash cans and benches in New Donk City…
- Fixed an issue where Vario’s Special Dash would sometimes hit an invisible wall above other players while flying.
- Fixed additional issues to improve game balance and game balance.
Have you already downloaded this latest update for Mario Golf: Super Rush? Did you notice anything else? Comment below.