The line between an amazing video game title and a terrible title is blurry. Some game titles try so hard that they go back and become good despite being objectively bad. Some game titles are only good because they use cool words, and the vibe screams: “I was created in a vat under the supervision of a focus group.”“. And some game names, god knows what’s going on there, but God bless whoever came up with it.
Sometimes there is a video game name that accurately captures the essence of the game in question. However, more often than not, the names of the games make us rack our brains. This year, we decided to compile a list of some of our favorite game titles of 2022 in no particular order.
They are a mixture of good and bad and everything in between. Some of these will speak for themselves, but we will also have occasional comments on some of the titles that accompany the list. Proactive hello to Square Enix, GOAT in confusing game titles like this year Different daily life. Never change, Square Enix. Speaking of which…
- CRISIS CORE – FINAL FANTASY VII – REUNION – Claire tells me that the name is admittedly annoying, but to be fair, it’s does include game themes there.
- You suck in the parking lot: I’m gay, so they’re probably right, but still, lol.
- The Journey of the Melon: A Bittersweet Memories: Tell me, don’t you want to know what this game is about right away? Spoilers, as cute as it sounds:
[Search for your friends] in a city full of adorable animals with eccentric personalities. But underneath that sweet surface lies a story of crime and corruption… Where did Cantaloupe go? Is the Cavity Crew as dangerous as Captain Hamley thinks? How does the Kitten King fit into the struggles of Hogtown?
- Chu Chu Charles
- Warhammer 40K: Chaosgate: Demon Hunters – Luca says: Warhammer 40K? Too many of them! Chaosgate? Which one of? It’s been over six months since this game came out and we still have to call it “that XCOM game with Space Marines”.
- Super Kiwi 64
- Soulless: That’s the most video game titles I’ve heard in a whole year.
- Triangle Strategy: Is it a game or football?
- Turbo Overkill
- Lil Gator game
- 20 minutes before dawn
- Weird gardening
- HYPER DEMON
- Slaves of Armok: Blood God Chapter II: Dwarven Fortress: I bet you just learned something, didn’t you?
- Chop Goblins
What are your favorite game titles from last year?