Techno-Alien Shmup ‘Remote Life’ Launches On Switch Later This Month
Indie publisher Ratalaika Games today announced that it will be releasing Next Game Level’s hit Steam Shoot ’em up Remote Life for Switch this month.
Launched on PC back in 2019 and rated “Very Positive” on Steam, Remote Life was created by a single person inspired to create a joke with a few twists of its own. As pilot John Leone, you must stop an alien hive invasion of our planet.
The game advertises itself as “…a modern take on 2D space play” and judging by the grotesque bosses and buildings, we think we agree!
There’s an endless list of features to help support this upcoming port of shmup, including one of the coolest unlockable models we’ve ever seen – models you can 3D print! Although we expect it to be printed on T-shirts just now for release on Steam.
However, we grabbed this list from steam and I want to share it with you anyway, as it also details a lot of the other things that Remote Life brings to the genre:
– Fantastic visual effects.
– 16 amazing missions, each of which is different from each other, which guarantees a great variety of gameplay. Each level is a completely new experience.
– Autosave level progression.
– Great atmosphere and mysterious story.
– More than 18 types of weapons.
– A tutorial/tutorial stage that allows you to master the game mechanics before you complete the real missions.
– 3 difficulty levels that you can choose according to your skills and experience.
– In addition, the IA system will analyze your skills and help you with extra lives if necessary.
– 3 graphics modes: Choose between modern HD graphics, 8-bit and 16-bit graphics mode to feel like you’re on an old home computer or in an arcade booth.
– 3 spaceships (and four colors to choose from) + special equipment.
– Huge number of enemies and no repetitive boring enemy patterns, but enemies with aggressive IA
– Special escort missions. They require a lot of concentration and skill.
– Missions to explore the open world in vast spaces.
– IN-GAME BONUSES: Unlock art gallery, video gallery, printable 3D models, cool wallpapers and print-ready t-shirt designs.
– Special bonus: Play as the enemy at a cool level and customize your own monster.
One thing is for sure: it never gets boring!
– No microtransactions, just traditional IN-GAME unlockables! There is no AAA company policy that makes the game unplayable. This is how it should be! Clear, transparent and honest!
There are a lot of jokes currently on the Switch, but the positive buzz following its release on Steam a few years ago means that Remote Life has caught our attention. The game will be released on May 27 in the Switch online store and will cost $18.99 / €17.99 / £14.99.
Jump in the comments and let us know if you’re a shmup fan and thinking of getting this one!