Cloudscape is an extremely cute friendship and farming game inspired by Littlewood, Stardew Valley, Fantasy Life and Animal Crossing, with added inspiration from A Link to the Past – and just raised a total of $ 208,806 for a completed Kickstarter campaign. …
As with Animal Crossing, the island you wash away at the start of Cloudscape will be procedurally generated using a few hand-crafted presets, making it completely unique to everyone else. But unlike any of the games that inspired it, Cloudscape doesn’t just unload you from mines when your health bar reaches zero – no, in Cloudscape you die for reals…
When you die, your spirit will be sent to Limbo, where you will need to win a game about Death itself in order to return to life.
But listen, we know what you’re here for – it’s because we used the word “agriculture” in the title, and you want to know what else Cloudscape has to offer a hole in your heart where Harvest Moon used to be. Well, we’ll keep it simple with an attractive list of features that are sure to interest you:
- You can have pets!
- There is fishing!
- Plus, felling, digging, foraging, cooking and mining!
- Cooking is a mini game!
- You can create furniture and decorations yourself!
- Livestock and farming are separate activities with their own skill trees!
- Oh yeah, there are more skill trees!
- You can sleep everywhere in Game!
- You can get improved tools for 11 of the 12 game skills (there are no tools for finding food and communicating)!
- Weather and seasonal cycles!
- Character customization!
- Various clothes and accessories!
- Date characters of any gender!
What’s more, Kickstarter has achieved all of its ambitious goals, raising over $ 200K in total, which means the game will also feature the following:
- Seasonal outfits
- Two new romantic partners
- Children with your partner
- Additional game modes
As part of the various promises of the game, there will be a physical version of Cloudscape on Switch. Several high-profile sponsors will also design monsters, characters, decorations and furniture for the game.
We’ve already talked about Cloudscape because it’s not only damn cute, but also created. Chris Gottron, animator who worked on Spongebob, Quite strange parents, Kung Fu Panda, Boss Babyand much more. Makes music Samantha Van Der Sluis, whose recent work includes work on Mandalorian and Avengers Endgame… You can listen to some of her work from the Cloudscape soundtrack on Soundcloud…
Kickstarter has ended, so there is no way to go back, but it looks like the planned release date is July 2023.