Splatoon 3 got off to a great start, setting sales records and receiving a lot of praise from fans and critics alike. Nintendo has already released two updates for the game this month and now we have a third one.
This raises the third title to version 1.1.2. Nintendo of America reminded Splatoon players of this update on social media today:
Following the translated Japanese patch notes, Nintendo has now also published the English patch notes on their support page. Here they are in full — covering changes to connectivity, controls, multiplayer, and more.
Ver. 1.1.2 (released September 29, 2022)
- Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors after battles and job changes.
Player control changes
- Fixed an issue that caused players using duals to stop attacking and go into swimming form at the end of a dodge roll regardless of whether they were holding the ZR button.
- Fixed an issue with the Throw gear ability that caused the player to enter swim form at the end of their throw if they pressed the ZR button while holding the ZL button during the throw, regardless of whether or not they continued to hold the ZR button.
- Fixed an issue with Splatans that caused players to perform two consecutive horizontal slashes after a charged slash, even if they only pressed the ZR button once.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players not taking damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
- Measures have been implemented to prevent issues that could cause players to crawl through and get stuck in terrain when transitioning from swim form to humanoid form next to the tactical wheeler located in the corner of some maps.
Since this update patch focuses on additional fixes for connectivity issues and fixes for some control and combat related issues, we have prioritized its release.
We have identified an issue where the connection to the server was interrupted during a battle or a job change due to the settings of the player’s network equipment and their ISP.
We have implemented measures to reduce communication outages and reduce the number of subsequent errors after a fight or job change, even if an interruption does occur.
In addition, we’ve made temporary fixes for some issues affecting the feel and feedback of controls during gameplay.
In the case of an issue with terrain crossing while using the Tacticooler, we decided it was more important to quickly release a solution that alleviates the problem rather than waiting for a “perfect fix”.
In addition, if players are found to be harassing other players or otherwise violating Nintendo Community Guidelines intentionally exploiting game bugs, we actively take action, including suspending online play.
The next patch will focus on balance adjustments and other issues outside the scope of the current patch.
We continue to monitor and analyze combat data and plan to make additional adjustments around the middle of the current season.
As noted again, Nintendo will continue to monitor battle data and make adjustments accordingly. Have you already downloaded this update? Did you notice anything else? Let us know in the comments.