Developer Francisco Gonzalez has unveiled Lamplight City, a detective adventure game inspired by Edgar Allen Poe and Charles Dickens, coming to Switch on June 2, 2022. a prosperous port city that has become the victim of five horrific crimes.
Your task is to solve each of the five cases, but Lamplight City was designed so that you could fail. A few suspects and false leads can put you out of the game, but when the crime becomes unsolvable, the narrative will continue regardless of how your failure to solve the case affects various aspects of the story.
Here is a list of features from the developer:
– Be the detective you want to be. But be prepared to face the consequences. Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, get information by any means. Follow the law or make your own rules, but how you choose to act will affect how people treat you.
– Five cases to solve, with multiple suspects, false leads and different outcomes. – Never get into a hopeless situation. If a case becomes unresolvable, simply move on to the next one. The story will adapt depending on your choice.
– One tap interface without inventory. – Gather clues and documents in your case book for review.
– A fictional city with four districts, each with its own unique atmosphere. Players will visit each of these areas throughout the game, exploring themes such as class separation and the public’s fear of the advent of steam technology.
– Inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens.
– Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
– Original score by Mark Benis.
The game will be priced at $14.99 / €14.99 / £13.49 when it releases on June 2nd.
Can’t wait to work as a Victorian-style detective? Let us know in the comments below.