Fire Emblem the fans are feasting now. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, Musou’s game set in the world of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, is just under two weeks away. Three Homes has been hugely successful on its own for Intelligent Systems on Switch. And Fire Emblem Heroes continues to be hugely popular with fans.
However, that’s not all for those who love this strategy RPG series. Well-known Nintendo insider and Nintendo World Report Co-creator Emily Rogers revealed that Intelligent Systems is working on a new Fire Emblem game for the Switch – and it’s a brand new game, not a remake or re-release.
Rogers shared details about it on famiboardswhere she states that the game is a collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Warriors developer of Koei Tecmo, and Gust is a division of Koei Tecmo and creators Studio series. Rodgers also has some interesting facts about a potential new record:
Here’s what I can tell you about the new Fire Emblem game.
– The upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. A completely new story.
– Cooperation between Intelligent systems, Koei Tecmo as well as gust of wind (a division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
– Gust actively helped with visual effects/graphics. Graphics improved compared to “Three Houses”.
– Initially conceived as an anniversary game dedicated to the 30th anniversary of FE. The game was completed over a year ago.
– The main character (Main Lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
– New “Emblems” trick allows players to summon “FE characters”. from pastfor your squad.
There are a few really interesting things we can highlight here – the fact that Emblems will be used to summon fan-favorite Fire Emblem characters sounds like a lot of fun. Also, we think Gast’s beautiful cell-shaded visual style would be great for the Fire Emblem universe; just look at Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream! And finally, the game is already over – and already a year old.
The latter is especially interesting, because if the game is ready and has been around for more than a year, when will we get it. We’re already getting a new Fire Emblem game this year with Three Hopes – though it’s not a traditional strategy game – so will Nintendo release a second one in 2022? It won’t be the first time since Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance were both released in 2005 in North America and Europe, but perhaps Nintendo will last until next year.
We’ll have to wait and see if that turns out to be true!