Results: Four New Switch Games Announced at NISA Showcase 2022
The NIS America Showcase Live took place today, and we got to see four brand new Switch games coming out in 2023.
The publisher known for the Disgaea and Trails series has unveiled four new Western releases that we’ll be enjoying next year. And you can get an idea of who the four are in our recap of the show.
GrimGrimoire OnceMore was announced for Japan earlier this year, and now we finally know that Vanillaware’s stunning looking real-time strategy game, released on PS2 back in 2007, is also coming to the West. as well as on Switch next spring.
GrimGrimoire OnceMore will join 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on a hybrid console, becoming the second Vanillaware game on the system.
Join the aspiring mage Lillet Blanc on her journey through the Silver Star Tower, a renowned mage academy. Behind the walls of the tower, all is not what it seems – secrets, monsters and threats lurk everywhere. Use the power of magic to unravel the secrets hidden in the tower and discover the truth about the Silver Star Tower once more!
● Fascinating strategy: Magical fantasy meets real-time strategy in this beautifully drawn adventure filled with classic Vanillaware charm!
● Enchanted Upgrades: GrimGrimoire OnceMore expands on the Vanillaware classic with a brand new skill tree, improved user interface, art gallery and more!
● Alluring Extras: Experience the enchanting adventure of Lille Blanc, now with updated graphics and beautifully hand-drawn high-res visuals!
NISA’s next title is an adorable monster menu: Scavenger’s Cookbook, an RPG game of dungeon crawling and strategy RPG with lots of mouth-watering looking food!
The game’s cute anime aesthetic invites players to dive into dungeons, customize characters, and relax around a campfire. Well you need somewhere to enjoy these snacks, right? Then it’s perfect for a monster picnic in the spring of 2023.
Tighten your pack and loosen your strap before diving into this dungeon survival adventure! Monster Menu: The Scavenger’s Cookbook spices up the classic SRPG formula with deliciously fun cooking mechanics. Indulge in detailed character creation for your party, collect resources, ingredients and items as you explore, and fight monsters in tactical combat. Then rest by the fire and use what you’ve collected to cook food that can give you an edge for your next course of dungeon exploration.
● All You Can Eat: Defeat and devour monsters in combat, or use their meat to cook at the campfire to restore HP, improve your skills, and boost your stats!
● Choose your adventurer: Build your team of up to four adventurers by customizing each one’s class, appearance, voice and pose!
● Own scent: Experience a unique combination of gameplay from SRPG, roguelike and survival games!
Ahh, we love a lot of anime murder mysteries, and NISA’s next title, Process of Elimination, looks exactly like it. 14 detectives gather on the island together in Danganronpa-esque killer game – one of them is a killer and you have to find out who it is.
Quartering Duke is a pretty cool, if intimidating, name for a serial killer. Imagine being trapped on an island with them! Well, you won’t have to, as the game is coming to Switch early next year.
The lodging duke, a notorious serial killer with over a hundred victims, has thrown the country into chaos with his heinous actions. To put an end to his murder spree, the Detective Alliance, made up of the world’s best detectives, has gathered to uncover and subdue him.
However, in a series of unforeseen events, an aspiring but unremarkable detective named Wato Hojo intervenes in their operation. He joins the Detective Alliance on the mysterious Isle of Morgue to investigate the Fourth Duke, only to make the gruesome discovery that their target is hiding among them! Will these detectives be able to prove their innocence and uncover the identity of the fourth duke before the case is closed?
● Sign of the Fourteen: Team up with 13 other detectives, each with their own unique skills.
tools and personalities. Explore key locations around the Isle of Morgue and engage in choice-based dialogues to gain useful evidence for each case.
● Study in the shadows: Conduct investigations on the interactive map of the crime scene. Use your Denouement ability to absorb vital information, predict the future, and gather clues to piece together the truth behind each murder.
● Island of Fear: As the secret headquarters of the Detective Alliance, the Isle of Morgue is home to many mysterious and dangerous places. Explore a variety of vibrant locations including the labyrinth, research facility, and Alliance Manor to uncover clues about the quartered duke.
invalid* tRrLM2(); //Nether Terrarium 2
Last but not least, next year we’ll get a second dungeon crawler from NIS America in the form of void* tRrLM2();, or just Void Terrarium 2.
This sequel is set in small glass boxes and reverts to the sweet and melancholy style of the first game. You will have to keep these little dungeons moist by looting chests and goods. And, accordingly, this terrarium should bloom next spring.
Immerse yourself in a dystopian world infested with poisonous mushrooms, where a robot watches over the latter.
surviving person. Nippon Ichi Software presents the second part of the Void Terrarium series, which
follows a defeated cloudAI’s plot to resurrect humanity.
Robbie the robot and his human friend Toriko lived peacefully until she contracted a deadly new disease. In order to save her, Robbie must travel back in time and find the cloud AI’s remnants of memories to find clues about this mysterious disease in order to ensure the survival of the last person in the world.
● Weapon master: Level up your favorite weapons as you progress through the dungeons. Mastering weapons will give you the extra power you need to explore the vast wastelands!
● Mystery bonuses: Accessed through yellow portals, Mysterious Rooms contain rare chests containing a variety of gifts, including powerful equipment, new abilities, or ultra-rare skills that can change the world.
progress of your expedition!
● Custom Companion: Making a return from the original, void* tRrLM2(); // Void Terrarium 2 offers new Toriko customization options, including new clothes, hairstyles, and accessories! Give her the makeover of her dreams!
● Terrarium maintenance: Maintain the humidity and temperature in your terrarium by planting seeds and caring for them while they grow! Then collect new plants to decorate your terrarium.
And here it is! These are all four new games coming to Switch from NISA in 2023. Is there anything you like here? You can check out the full demo right here.
Let us know in the comments what you think of these games! You will need more than a magic wand to tell us.