Last year brought us Red Wings: Aces of Heaven in Switch eShop, an arcade flying game with a focus on aerial combat and action. Developer All in! Games has now confirmed that the spin-off coming soon to Switch and PC is Red Wings: American Aces…
It’s not just the changes in location and aircraft that are the focus of this new entry, but it looks like this arrival will bring quite a lot of additional content and modes. There will still be a single player campaign with an additional co-op mode, but there will also be various options for local and online multiplayer.
The ad below summarizes the key features:
- Fly online – Test your skills against up to 9 other players in Last Man Standing, Score Battle or Time Battle modes, or assemble your squad of 5 pilots and fight other squads in Elimination, Time Team Battle or Score Team Battle modes.
- Fly locally – Play custom games in 3 different modes (Score Battle, Time Battle and Hide n ‘Seek (2 players only)) alone against the AI or against another player.
- Complete 30 missions in campaign mode – survive the air battles of World War I and face all sorts of unexpected challenges (available in local co-op for 1-2 players)
- Upgrade your Pilot Development Skill Tree – develop your pilot skills and change points depending on the mission being performed
- Fly 15 different war planes, each with their own unique appearance – Stand out in the heat of battle on a plane that your enemies won’t soon forget
- Take the challenge – be prepared for thunderstorms that increase skill cooldowns, sandstorms that impair visibility, missions in which you can only destroy enemies with barrels, and much more!
It will be interesting to see how this turns out; are you interested?