Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous Is Heading To Switch Via The Cloud
Developer Owlcat Games has announced that its isometric RPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Coming to Switch this fall on September 29th… via the cloud.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is currently available on PC and is based on the popular RPG series. Pathfinderwhich started life back in 2009 as a modified version of Dungeons and dragons. Owlcat Games previously worked on Pathfinder: Kingmaker, which launched on PC in 2018 and then released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2020 as the “Definitive Edition”. Wrath of the Righteous is a direct sequel and has been praised for its improvements to the first game.
Here is a list of features from Owlcat Games:
– Explore a vast archipelago full of treasure and danger in offline rogue-like mode or as part of the main campaign.
– Try out different builds and squads using Pathfinder’s huge variety of role-playing systems, including mythic paths.
– Death is just a failure! If a unit dies, its progress can help you in the next playthrough.
– Equip new magical weapons, strap on new magical potions and scrolls to your belt, and challenge old and new enemies alike.
– Find out the secret of the ship you are traveling on and find out the truth about the greatest treasure you are looking for.
Of course, we can’t help but feel a little disappointed that the game is coming to Switch via the cloud, as previous releases have proven to be a suboptimal way to experience games on Switch, with the Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece. a particularly sad example. What’s discouraging here is that the visuals for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous don’t seem to be much better than the Switch’s, but that doesn’t matter.
Another major upcoming release that has been cloud-mastered for Switch is A Plague Tale: Requiem, the direct sequel to A Plague Tale: Innocence due out October 18, 2022. We’ve also seen cloud versions of games like The Forgotten City. and Edge of Eternity, among others.
What do you think of this announcement from Owlcat Games? Are you ready for another cloud version on Switch? Let us know with a comment!