Switch has some great music rhythm games with different hooks and playstyles that are shaking up the world. Overpass: Rhythmic Journey – published by the Quantum Astrophysicists Guild and developed by Studio Bean – aims to make its mark on the genre, targeting release on Switch and other platforms in 2022.
As you can see in the trailer, it takes a slightly different approach, with the vantage point staring dreamily out the car window – to be honest, it’s all in the title. The symbols for the inputs blend in with the environment, which with hope be easy to analyze and view while playing, although this is also part of the problem; you can see some of the official details below.
- Chase the score in a rhythmic game from a unique perspective.
- Explore 8 regions of the world and over 30 hand-crafted tracks.
- Jump, cruise and chill out with the original Synthwave soundtrack from Makeup and Vanity Set
- Navigate the branching paths to create your own playlist for each adventure.
- Improve your performance or go on a marathon journey to truly test your endurance
- Adapt your gameplay by changing the music speed, typing time, marker position, and more.
We rather like the way it looks; if you have an Xbox, you can also download the demo before December 21st as part of [email protected] Winter Games Festival.
Let us know what you think in the comments.