Put on your tinfoil hats, get under the nearest table and curl up in a ball because the aliens are about to land!
Squad 51 vs. Developed by publisher Assemble Entertainment in partnership with WhisperGames, The Flying Saucers has been announced for Switch and should be coming to your consoles this fall.
Developed by Loomiarts and the Brazilian film company Fehorama Filmes, Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers is a side-scrolling shooter inspired by the black-and-white entertainment aesthetic of the 1950s. It will feature real-time FMV footage revealing a key backstory to the ongoing conflict between Squad 51 and the evil Director Zarog’s alien fleet, showcasing exactly the amount of cheesy dialogue you’d expect from a UFO game.
Here is some key information from Assemble Entertainment:
Warning! Aliens from outer space have arrived on our planet, promising earthlings a bright new future. However, this otherworldly partnership soon reveals a dark side as the VEGA Corporation, an alien enterprise led by the obnoxious director Zarog, imposes its predatory policies on humanity. In the midst of this oppression, a group of rebels Team 51 arises as a response to the violent acts committed by these vile creatures. Can brave pilots Team 51 and their planes have a chance against Zarog’s diabolical fleet of flying saucers?
Key features include:
– SMUP Yes!: Enjoy the classic shooter game with four unique planes that can be customized with special weapons.
– Cinematic experience: Wonderful black and white aesthetics, live FMV footage and dubbed voices will tell the story of the battle between Team 51 and the alien fleet of Director Zarog
– 11 ways to save the world: Fight enemy ships and bosses in 11 different environments – snowy mountains, forests, cityscapes, and more.
– Novice Pilots Supported: Whether you are a beginner or an experienced ace pilot, Unit 51 vs. Flying Saucers supports dynamic difficulty that allows every pilot to enjoy the extermination of aliens
– Ducks fly together!: Fighting a horde of aliens is more fun with a squad mate! A second player can enter the level at any time – earn points with the co-op player and unlock new special weapons and upgrades together.
Ready to blow up flying saucers? Let us know if you plan on getting it when it comes out later this year!