Gaming

Nintendo Of America President Doug Bowser Reacted To Messages From Activision Blizzard

Image: Nintendo

Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser posted an internal response last week to current reports allegations of misconduct by Activision Blizzard.

Bowser’s email that was posted by Fanbyte, was sent out on November 19 and reached “all levels” of Nintendo of America, including internal development companies such as Retro Studios (Metroid prime 4) and the recently acquired Canadian team Next Level Games (Luigi’s Mansion 3).

Bowser mentioned how “disturbing and unsettling” these reports were, and said that every company in the industry has a responsibility to create an environment in which everyone is treated as equal:

“Together with everyone, I follow the latest developments at Activision Blizzard and the constant reports of sexual harassment and toxicity in the company. I find these stories disturbing and disturbing. They are contrary to my values, as well as the beliefs, values ​​and policies of Nintendo. “

“Every company in the industry must create an environment where everyone is respected and treated as equals, and where everyone understands the consequences of not meeting this requirement.”

His email also says that Nintendo is committed to creating an open and inclusive workplace – welcoming everyone – and expects the rest of the industry and Nintendo partners to do the same.

Nintendo representatives appear to have also “contacted Activision, took action, and evaluated others.” Bowser also mentioned how Nintendo is working with the ESA (a lobbying organization that also includes Activision), urging it to strengthen its opposition to harassment and maintain the highest standards for its members.

Both Sony and Microsoft it is also reported that they are reconsidering their relationship with Activision Blizzard. You can read more in our previous stories:




Source link

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button