witchbrook, an isometric RPG that combines the school of witchcraft and the farming mechanics of Stardew Valley, has resurfaced after a long period of silence. Now the game has Steam page along with his Twitter handle.
Alongside this, several new screenshots of the game were shown, showcasing some truly gorgeous pixelated visuals with a world that brings together characters to meet and environments to explore.
For now, the game is only confirmed for release on Steam. However, given Stardew Valley’s monumental success across multiple platforms, it seems likely that Witchbrook will eventually make its way to the Switch.
Here’s an overview of the features from the game’s Steam page:
– Graduate Best in Class – Develop your magical abilities by attending classes, completing assignments and earning badges at Witchbrook College. Practice your new skills by putting them to the test using your magic throughout the city. master the magical arts; Brew powerful potions, challenge your classmates in a broom race, collect unusual mushrooms, and use your botanical knowledge to grow all kinds of flora and fauna!
– Make friends and memories – Make friends and go on romantic dates with colorful characters. Uncover their unique stories, hopes and dreams by spending more time with each of their classmates. Shape their lives, work together and find romance…
– Create your own personality – Express your unique aesthetic with custom clothing, hair and accessories. Renovate your cozy woodland cottage however you see fit and turn the surrounding garden into a thriving habitat for plants and wildlife.
– Living, magical world – Just like you, your fellow students, teachers and townspeople have busy everyday life and social calendars. Immerse yourself in a vibrant world, join the festivities at seasonal events, and participate in special events.
– extracurricular activities “There is more to life than just learning about witches!” Spend your free time photographing and gardening, or shop till you drop at the many boutiques, cafes and seasonal Mossport markets. Change up your look, try one of the local delicacies at Olive Restaurant, or get a houseplant at Wild Flower.
– Postgraduate life – Continue your postgraduate studies to improve your skills and become the best witch you can be! Take to the skies on your broomstick and deliver the requested household items to your neighbors. The witch graduate is always in high demand among the local townspeople.
Hopefully we’ll get confirmation of a Switch release sooner rather than later, but it looks like Witchbrook might still be a little underdeveloped no matter what. However, how awesome does it look?! We will definitely keep an eye on this.
What do you think of Witchbrook? Are you hoping to see it on Switch? Let us know at the usual place.