LEGO and Sega have teamed up to release the LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone Christmas set. The build is a take on some iconic scenes from the speedster’s first release, complete with a Sonic minifigure and an insidious Doctor Eggman.
Early next year, you will be able to create this 2D set with modular elements that seem to allow you to reorder the level or pair it with other LEGO sets for fun mashups.
Here is a complete list of the features told by LEGO:
- 5 minifigures, including a new version of Sonic, plus Crab, Motobag, Dr. Eggman and Phantom Ruby
- 10 boxes for rings
- Modular assembly that can be linked to other sets of architecture
- Interactive elements and easter eggs such as:
– Technic lever on spring module to launch Sonic and his friends into the air
– Sit Dr. Eggman inside the Robot Egg
– Just like in the game – get a gem as a reward for building a set
– Super fast and protective TV screens are also included
These gems are colorful Chaos Emeralds that you can collect and store on a special pedestal when you find them.
LEGO fans are designing these LEGO Ideas sets and this Sonic-themed set was introduced by Viv Granell, described as a UK-based LEGO super fan. Once submitted, ideas are posted to a vote, and those with a total of 10,000 votes are considered LEGO released as a real set. Luckily for fans of Sonic and Granell, this one came out in time for Blue Blur’s 30th anniversary.
This LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone set will be available for purchase via LEGO website January 1, 2022 and will be priced at $ 69.99.
What do you think of this Sonic LEGO set? Is this true for the Green Hill area? What other levels would you like to see as bricks? Let us know in the comments!