The Xbox app for Windows PC lets you discover and download new games with Game Pass, play console games on Windows PC with Cloud Games, and connect with friends across PC, mobile, and Xbox console. Below you will find the latest updates and patch notes for the Xbox app on PC for January 2023. – This update is now available for download in the Store. Always make sure your application is up to date with the latest improvements and bug fixes. You can learn more about the Xbox app for PC here.
January release (2301.1001.5.0)
- The list of installed games in the sidebar now contains additional data, such as pending invitations and completion percentage of achievements.
- Improved the “Coming Soon to Game Pass” module on the Game Pass page.
- A new module has been added to the rotation, showing the available trial versions of EA games. You will sometimes see this module on the main page, and you can always find the list through the dedicated EA Play Center in the app.
- Adjusted the size and weight of some fonts on game pages for better readability.
- Fixed an issue where install sizes were not displayed after a recent game installation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some devices from downloading content on the Game Pass tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused your “Return to Cloud Gaming” list to load indefinitely on an ARM device.
- Fixed some scenarios that left you stranded and required you to restart the app.
- Fixed several issues with Vietnamese and Filipino localization.
- When using the high-contrast Desert theme, the “guide button” and “show stream menu” icons in the upper left corner of remote playback will disappear. Other high contrast themes do not have this issue.