Fantastic news for fans of books that make you write your own story: The Magic of Steve Jackson!, also known as an adaptation of The Magic of Steve Jackson! Nintendo Switch.
Originally released for mobile devices, Sorcery! is a four-part adventure game where every decision you make has consequences that you might not even know about for hours. From the beginning of the game in The Shamutanti Hills to the convoluted time loop of the final chapter, The Crown of Kings, there are tons choices to make, regret, and redo.
Inkle is a development studio known for their clever plot gimmicks (they also did 80 Days, Heaven’s Vault and Overboard!) and Sorcery!. is no different:
The full script contains over a million words and a few tricks:
– procedural self-narrative strategic combat
– conversational gambling
– characters who constantly lie
– so many cycles of time, so many payments
– a powerful ally that can be killed early on without realizing it
– 2 open worlds separated in time that you can freely mix; we are still crying
Magic! Coming to Nintendo Switch on June 23 for $24.99 / £24.99 / €24.99.