In The Breach New Update Coming Soon, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
After receiving a major update last summer in the free Advanced Edition, Into The Breach by Subset Games continues to be a staple of our turn-based tactical game. According to a recent post from the developers on the game’s website reddit foruma new update will be added to the game soon, which will bring various bug fixes and improvements (thanks, Nintendo All).
Among those changes are tweaks to some in-game achievements (“Let’s Go” and “Pacifist”), improved visibility on certain tiles, and a Switch-specific change that allows for better touchscreen control – one of the best additions to the game, if you ask us.
Update version 1.2.88 will be released first on Steam, with a release for Switch in the coming weeks. For details on what the latest edition entails, check out the full patch notes below:
Into the Breach ver.1.2.88 (coming soon)
-Fixed a Power Cores cloning vulnerability related to being able to cancel in the Store.
-Fixed repair platform vulnerability for achievements related to healing and using “undo move”.
– Plasmodia, Spider and Blobber bosses will now correctly take damage from Void Shocker.
– Void Shocker kills will now correctly trigger death effects and XP.
– Fixed frame limit settings and turn end confirmation settings.
– Restored Alpha Age icon (important for colorblind mode) for some new enemies
– Removed Earth Mover / Mine Bots from attack order display. They don’t have queued attacks, so any positional order is misleading.
– Restored terrain icons in situations where fire could obscure other tile information (conveyor belts, cracks, etc.)
-Using Enrage Shot to force an enemy to attack empty space will now properly trigger Void Shock.
-The logic for determining if a tile is “dangerous” has been improved to account for units being pushed. This is useful for enemy AI, pod placement, and more.
– Enemies should no longer spawn behind the player in the Wildfire mission (rare issue).
– Earth Mover tiles can no longer start as cracked.
-Possible fix: The game could freeze when it couldn’t find a place to spawn pawns.
– “Let’s go” achievement will now only count enemies (as described in the text)
– “Minor” enemies will no longer count towards the “Pacifist” achievement (simplified)
-Fixed bugs related to firewalling to make it more consistent.
– ACID now removes eyelid mites even if the pilot has thick skin.
-Fix extremely rare cases of pushing Vek corpses where they shouldn’t be pushed.
-Fixed many bugs in the weapon effects preview interface.
– The Wind Torrent push order has been changed to make the results more consistent with the effect preview.
-Minor text/UI issues fixed
– Pilot skill “black list” is now part of scripts
– An empty “modloader.lua” file is now in the script file to help with loading mods.
-Added “GetFTLPilots” to pilots.lua to generate list of Secret Pod pilots.
-Added access to Pawn:SetBoosted(bool) for scripts
Especially for mobile devices:
– Integrated a new Netflix software update to improve stability and fix problems with logging into Netflix.
– Enabled the ability to disable “Scale Stretch” on mobile platforms/tablets.
– Fixed minor UI issues
-Developer console fixed and will work as expected (swipe with three fingers to open + close after entering console command)
We don’t have a firm date for when the update will arrive on Switch, although the post says it will arrive “in the next couple of weeks.” We will notify you when the changes take effect.
Do you still play Int the Breach? Check out the comments below to let us know!