Nintendo has provided updated sales figures for its top-selling games on Switch, although the list is very familiar indeed.
In fact, since the last update presented a few months ago, the entire order in the top ten has remained exactly the same, with no newcomers whatsoever. Of course, the sales of each game have increased, however, this time giving us a slightly different bottom line. …
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (which, incidentally, has now surpassed Mario Kart Wii as a bestseller in the series) has expanded its lead over Animal Crossing: New Horizons to stay at the top of the list, although a major update this month and DLC could spur another boost in sales for the latter. … After all, Ring Fit Adventure continues to close in on Splatoon 2’s total, knocking New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe out of the top ten earlier this year.
Below are the top-selling Switch games as of September 30, 2021. Please note that this data only includes games published by Nintendo.
Top 10 Selling Nintendo Switch Games (As of September 30, 2021):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 38.74 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 34.85 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 25.71 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 24.13 million
- Pokemon sword and shield – 22.64 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.95 million
- Super Mario Party – 16.48 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu! / Let’s go, Evie! – 13.83 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.68 million
- Fit Adventure Ring – 12.21 million
The figures above are for worldwide sales and include retail, digital, and bundled copies. Nintendo also reported that Switch hardware sales have reached more than 92 million units over its lifetime.
Think Mario Kart will forever be the best-selling Switch game? Feel free to share your thoughts below.