Gorgeous Chrono Trigger-inspired RPG Sea Of Stars Coming In August, Demo Available Now
Sabotage Studios’ highly anticipated RPG Sea Of Stars finally has a release date. The classic adventure and prequel to The Messenger releases on August 29th.
But if you can’t wait until the end of summer to play this amazing game, then you don’t have to. Nintendo announced during today’s Direct that a demo will be available download from online store today.
A brand new trailer that was revealed during one of Direct’s sizzling cutscenes shows off the beautiful world we’ll be able to explore this summer, along with fantastic turn-based combat that takes a leaf out of the Chrono Trigger book.
For more information about the game, here’s what Sabotage Studio shared, along with some new screenshots:
sea of stars follows the story of two Solstice Children who join the players with young Valera and Zale as they face their fateful duty to become Solstice Warriors. Combining their powers of the Sun and Moon to use the powerful Eclipse Magic, this duo has the only power to fight the monstrous creations of the evil alchemist known as the Lord of Flesh. Enjoy an amazing soundtrack featuring original works by legendary composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono trigger), who joins Sabotage Studio composer Eric W. Brown, sea of stars positioned as one of the most popular games of the year.
sea of stars features:
– Active turn-based combat: Pressing the action button in sync with the combat animation boosts the hero’s attacks and reduces incoming damage when defending. Along with interactive timed attacks, boosted combat features, and a strategic “lock” system that provides options for using different types of damage to thwart enemies while they’re preparing powerful attacks or spells, all in a breathtaking take on the RPG genre; no random encounters, transitions to separate battlefields or grinding.
– Unhindered passage: Swim, climb, jump, hop or climb ledges as you navigate the world smoothly with a navigation system inspired by the platforming experience that breaks free from classic ground-bound movement.
– Story adventure: Meet dozens of original characters and experience unforgettable story arcs throughout an exciting journey. Sometimes epic, sometimes stupid, sometimes emotional sea of stars explores classic themes of adventure and friendship with a heart, and is replete with the twists and turns you’d expect from a Sabotage Studio production.
– Everything is fun, without boredom: Enjoy experimenting in combat without fear of running into a wall that requires you to grind or farm unique items; V sea of starsdefeat requires a change in the fight plan, rather than many hours of repetition, to improve the odds in a rematch.
– A world to touch: There are many ways to have fun in the world sea of stars if you feel inclined to change the pace during your adventures. Sailing, cooking, fishing, visiting a tavern to listen to a song, or playing your favorite board game known as Wheels. sleek and refreshingly modernized experience.
– Radiant lighting: Dynamic lighting effects combine with the world-affecting day/night cycle to make each area feel truly alive, pushing the traditional visual limits of classically styled 2D pixel art games – the only way to properly tell the story of heroes conjuring up the powers of the Sun. and Luna.
Sea of Stars will go on sale on the Switch online store on August 29, with a demo available today. Will you pick up the game when it comes out? How about a demo? Write to us in the comments!