If you’re looking for a new “Zelda-like” adventure, you may want to keep an eye on it Cloudscape.
The debut title from indie studio Konitama (a name for Pen Got Chris, animator who first worked on the likes of Spongebob Squarepants, The Fairly OddParents, and Ella-ra), Cloudscape is an open-world action-adventure survival game directed at Change. A Kickstarter he went live to help fund the project yesterday, and it looks like it won’t be long before his goal is dismantled.
The game was inspired by titles like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Stardew Valley and Crossbreeding Animals, mixing survival, action, exploration and social mechanics in a tempting sounding package. Players take on the role of Kumo, a Cloudling who wakes up on land on a sunny desert island, and finds himself exploring his surroundings to build a refuge, collect materials, craft weapons, and even more to survive among the monsters. who roam at night.
– Explore a rich world with new exotic locations and unlock new resources, tools and skills to help you take on more of the world.
– Farm, Fish, Fodder and Crafts as you brave the desert and try to bring heaven to earth!
– A fun and whimsical art style created by an animation industry veteran who previously worked on childhood definition cartoons as Spongebob Squarepants
“Many people to meet!” Make friends, enemies or even find love
– Fight to survive the night! Craft and discover new weapons to help you defend yourself in the dark, as well as through special dungeons made as a love letter to Zelda classic titles like A Link To The Past.
– Build a house, decorate it, fill it with stuff! Customize your look with different clothes
– Catch bugs, tame and raise animals (YOU can pet the doggy!), Learn to cook, dig for the buried treasure, solve puzzles and discover secrets
– A Special Physical Edition Nintendo Switch Cloudscape available as a reward on Kickstarter! Konitama is working with a trusted partner with a history of delivering crowdfunded games to facilitate this.
As you can see in the list of features above, one of the Kickstarter rewards is a special physical version in Switch. If you’re interested in securing that, or just want to check out the project for yourself, be sure to visit the Kickstarter here.
Do you like the sound of this? Will you pledge your support? Let me know with a comment.