When it comes to elegant pixel-based Indie games, there is one very much good probability that Switch eShop will be chosen as the platform. Not only is Nintendo’s audience clearly receptive to the premium download games and the creativity they show, but the system is an ideal home for smaller versions.
CHALLENGED, developed by Studio Pixel Punk and published by Humble Games, is another game to make the leap from being a Steam / Epic Games Store version also aimed at the eShop. This has been confirmed in the trailer shared by Nintendo, above, in line for an Autumn / Autumn version.
It seems rather accomplished in the film, and the concept sounds intriguing as well; check out the game description below.
After a long war with humans, the few androids left in Arcadia are running out of Soul, the energy that gives consciousness to all robots.
It’s up to you, Alma, to find a way to recover your memories and save your friends from becoming UNSIGHTED. Explore the vast ruins of Arcadia, using every tool you can find. Time is running out. They need you, Alma.
– Explore Arcadia’s interconnected paths, finding their shortcuts and secrets.
– Time always runs out, don’t let your (or anyone else’s) finish.
– Solve puzzles and collect new skills and tools to overcome past obstacles.
– Many different weapons, from melee to distance, to suit your style of play.
“Do I need more stamina?” Serve yourself with a wide variety of fries.
– Highly reproducible and non-linear, try to find the fastest path for your goals.
– The cooperation game available.
Let us know what you think and if this is one for your – no doubt long – wish list.