Update [Wed 18th May, 2022 02:45 BST]: Pokémon HOME Version 2.0.0 is now officially available on Nintendo Switch. At the moment the servers are still under maintenance so you won’t be able to access the app.
Original article [Tue 17th May, 2022 03:00 BST]: Late last week, The Pokémon Company and Nintendo announced that the Pokémon HOME cloud service was finally getting an update to make it compatible with the most recent entries in the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus series.
Although the exact date has not been revealed, it looks like we will receive this expected update around May 18 (UTC time). As Serebii.net highlights, this update will upgrade the app to version 2.0.0 and add connectivity for both of the latest games.
“It has been confirmed that Pokémon HOME will be undergoing maintenance tomorrow, May 18 from 00:00 UTC to 06:00 UTC on May 18. This maintenance coincides with the release of version 2.0 on Switch and Mobile, which includes connectivity and features for Pokémon Brilliant. Diamond & Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends Arceus. It will run with phased logins to reduce server load until 01:00 UTC May 19, 2022.”
In case you missed the original announcement, here are some details about bringing Pokémon from these games to HOME:
Link to Pokémon Diamond Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
Players can check the status of Pokémon deposited with Pokémon Diamond Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl in Pokémon HOME, as well as other parts of them.
Please pay attention to the following when connecting Pokémon Diamond Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl to the pokemon house.
– Special Pokémon that can only be caught once during normal gameplay can only be placed once per save data in Pokémon HOME.
– Some Pokémon, such as those obtained unintentionally or through illegal modification, cannot be placed in Pokémon HOME.
– If there are any other problems with the Pokémon, it cannot be placed in Pokémon HOME.
Link to Pokémon Legends: Arceus
You can view the effort levels of Pokémon deposited with Pokémon Legends: Arceus in Pokémon HOME, as well as other parts of it.
– goal Pokémon Legends: Arceus is to help create the first Pokédex in the Hisui region. So the National Pokédex in Pokémon HOME will update its Pokédex entries based on your completion of the Pokédex in your Pokémon Legends: Arceus save data.
– If the Pokédex entry in Pokémon Legends: Arceus incomplete, you won’t be able to see that Pokémon’s entry in Pokémon HOME.
Additional achievements and stickers
Players can earn stickers by completing achievements by meeting certain conditions in the mobile version of Pokémon HOME. New achievements and stickers based on Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Diamond Diamondand Pokémon Shining Pearl will be added starting from version 2.0.0.
There will also be some new Mystery Gifts to unlock if you transfer your Pokémon from new games. You can learn more about this upcoming update in our previous post and we will let you know the date when the new version of HOME goes live.
Are you looking forward to this update? Leave a comment below.