Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition will be released on November 18!
It’s been an amazing journey since we launched Microsoft flight simulator on a PC. The core audience of flight sims immediately embraced the new experience, and Xbox Game Pass for PC attracted a new audience of PC gamers who had never played flight sim before.
In July 2021, we launched Microsoft flight simulator on Xbox Series X | S and has welcomed millions of console players to flight simulation. We’ve introduced new features such as Discovery Flight, Advanced Guides, Flight Assistant, Map Labels, and Land Anywhere to help newcomers successfully enter the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator. In this release, the simulator has been significantly improved, including significantly improved performance, which has also benefited the PC audience.
And the launch was just the beginning. Over the past 14 months, we’ve been releasing important monthly updates: six World updates and six Sim updates that continually improve the gameplay experience. And today we are happy to announce Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTHI) Edition. This new edition celebrates all the positive reviews, reviews and awards received, but it’s also a “Thank You” to our fans – new and old – who have made Microsoft flight simulator such a phenomenon.
Here’s what’s included in the GOTY Edition:
We are adding 5 new planes to Microsoft flight simulator:
- Boeing F / A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military aircraft and a much sought after community feature. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will release alongside the movie next spring, but we wanted the sims to be able to test their need for speed this holiday.
- VoloCity: We have partnered with the renowned German company Volocopter, which is working on eVTOL under the name “VoloCity”, a vision of an urban air taxi. We worked closely with the Volocopter engineering team to develop an authentic version of the aircraft prototype for the simulator. This is our first plane that can do a point landing, and it is a teaser of what you can expect in 2022 when we are about to launch the helicopters in the simulator.
- Pilatus PC-6 Porter: This legendary short take-off and landing (STOL) business aircraft is a versatile aircraft from Switzerland and comes with several cockpit, cockpit and landing gear options. This is the result of our close collaboration with the manufacturer, and the efforts of renowned designers Hans Hartmann and Alexander Metzger have resulted in a great and interesting new aircraft with exceptional simulator capabilities.
- CubCrafters NX CubYakima-based CubCrafters recently introduced a nose wheel option for their flagship CC-19 XCub, popularly referred to as the NX Cub, which we are pleased to introduce to the flight simulator audience to further enhance our bush and off-airport flying experience.
- Avia Pitts Special S1S: One of our most popular aircraft will receive a single-seat version with the release of this aircraft.
We are adding 8 handcrafted airports in Central Europe and the USA:
- Leipzig / Halle Airport (EDDP)
- Allgäu Memmingen airport (EDJA)
- Lucerne-Beromünster Airport (LSZO)
- United States
- Space Force Base Patrick (KCOF)
- Miramar Marine Corps Air Base (KNKX)
The Game of the Year issue adds information on 545 previously missing airports in the United States.
Given the popularity of the recently introduced Discovery Flights, we are adding 6 more locations to this popular series (Helsinki, Freiburg im Breisgau, Mecca, Monument Valley, Singapore and Mount Cook).
To further expand your customization options, we’re adding 14 new guides introducing Bush (in Icon A5) and IFR (in Cessna 172) flight simulators.
We’re also pleased to introduce several community-requested features: an updated weather system, early access to DX12, and a development mode replay system.
New photogrammetric cities
As part of our ongoing collaboration with Bing Maps, we are pleased to add a number of new cities for photogrammetry: Helsinki (Finland), Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle and Nottingham (UK) and Utrecht (Netherlands).
Collaborate with Windows 11
To commemorate the release of Windows 11 on October 19th.th until November 18th, we have selected 11 landmarks around the world to be highlighted in blue Windows in Microsoft flight simulator… In addition, we are releasing a special Windows 11 themed livery for EXTRA 330LT for those who like to enlarge their collection.
And best of all, Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition will be available as a free update for existing players on PC and Xbox Series X | S. For new users, the GOTY Edition is the perfect starting point for flight simulation as it offers even richer possibilities and it will be the item they buy as we abandon the original.
We can’t wait for you to experience this enhanced version. Microsoft flight simulator November 18th. We invite friends to experience the wonders of flight. The sky is calling!
Microsoft flight simulator is now available on Xbox Series X | S with Xbox Game Pass, Windows 10/11 with Xbox Game Pass for PC and Steam.
For the latest information on Microsoft flight simulator, keep for updates @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.