Xbox and PC players with Windows 10/11 were able to enjoy no less than three massive (and free) Nobody’s sky updates this year Guardian, criminalsas well as Endurance updates. Add to this four major expeditions, including Leviathanand it has already been a busy year for our small team. But we’re not done yet! Our 4.0 update, Waypoint, is coming out today and represents a major milestone in Nobody’s skydevelopment.
Waypoint is jam-packed with hundreds of improvements and additions that streamline and positively impact the core gameplay experience for new, old and returning travelers alike.
Here are just a few of the many design improvements you’ll find in Waypoint on Xbox and Windows 10/11 PCs starting today:
- Relaxed mode: New players get a more accessible and welcoming experience that focuses on sandboxing rather than survival.
- Survival and challenge: Existing players will find that the task of survival becomes more resilient even as they acquire knowledge, skills and resources.
- Individual style of play: New and old players alike can customize hundreds of elements of their game to suit their preferred play style.
- Saves: Saving the game has become easier and more frequent, so that players can now enter and exit the game faster.
- Cross play mode: We have changed the way people meet. Now you can play with other players in game mode. So you’ll see more players and more bases than ever before.
- Informational portal: Returning players who may not have returned for an update or two will find a useful overview informing them of exactly where they made their re-entry smoother.
- Optimization: 20 major updates and thousands of markers from hundreds of patch notes are now more streamlined and present a more cohesive experience.
- Inventory / Max Level Up: The inventory has been redesigned, effectively increasing the maximum level of your ship, weapons, freighter, and suit.
Whether you are a new, existing or former player, there has never been a better time to explore the universe Nobody’s sky – Playable today on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10/11 PC, Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. We look forward to seeing players, both old and new, immerse themselves in Waypoint.
Our journey continues.
Akai Katana Shin Review (Switch)21 mins ago
No Man’s Sky includes all 17 major updates, including Frontiers. Inspired by the adventure and imagination we love from classic sci-fi, No Man’s Sky invites you to explore a galaxy filled with unique planets and life forms, as well as constant danger and action. In No Man’s Sky, every star is the light of a distant sun, every planet revolves full of life, and you can go to any of them you choose. Fly smoothly from deep space to the surface of planets, no loading screens and no limits. In this endless procedurally generated universe, you’ll discover places and creatures that no player has ever seen before and may never see again. Embark on an epic journey An irresistible ripple lurks at the center of the galaxy, drawing you on a journey to discover the true nature of the cosmos. But as you face hostile creatures and ferocious pirates, you’ll find that death comes at a cost, and survival will depend on the choices you make when upgrading your ship, weapons, and costume. Find your destiny. Your journey through No Man’s Sky is up to you. Will you be a fighter, preying on the weak and taking their wealth, or destroying pirates for their rewards? Strength is yours if you upgrade your ship for speed and weapons. Or a merchant? Find rich resources in Forgotten Worlds and use them at the highest prices. Invest in more cargo space and you will reap huge returns. Or maybe a scout? Go beyond known boundaries and discover places and things no one has ever seen before. Upgrade your engines to jump even further and strengthen your survival suit in a toxic environment that will kill the unwary. Share your journey The galaxy is a living, breathing place. Trade convoys travel between the stars, factions vie for territory, pirates prey on the unwary, and the police are constantly on the lookout. All other players live in the same galaxy, and you can share your discoveries with them on a map spanning known space. Perhaps you will see the results of their actions as well as your own…