हिंदी में पढ़ें
Are you getting random video calls from strangers on the Google Duo app? Well, this is one of the downsides of sharing a phone number with a Google account. So when people have access to your phone number, they can connect to you through Duo, which works just like other video calling apps, and they can video call you anytime from your phone. If this annoys you, you can stop it once and for all. Read here to learn how to stop receiving random video calls on Google Duo.
Also read | 4 Awesome Google Duo Features, Best Free Video Calling App, No Limits
Stop getting random video calls on Google Duo
There are several ways in which you can prevent people from video calling you on Google Duo, and we will explain all of them one by one. So read on until the end, as there is one more bonus tip.
1. Block calls from the number
If you are haunted by a certain number, you can simply get rid of it by blocking him / her from calling Google Duo.
Here’s how to block someone on the Google Duo app:
1. Open the Google Duo app on your phone.
2. Scroll up and when you see your contacts, tap the number or contact you want to block.
3. In the contact options menu, tap Block User.
4. If possible, select the “Report as Spam” checkbox.
5. Otherwise, just click “Block”.
That’s all. You can also block or report abuse and block without checking the “Report as spam” checkbox or selecting the type of violation.
2. Stop sharing your phone number.
This is probably the best way to keep people from calling you on Google Duo. When people have your number, they can identify you and also call you directly on Duo. Well, you can stop sharing your number in your Google account settings. Here’s how:
1. On your phone or PC, open a browser and go to https://myaccount.google.com/.
2. Now sign in with your Google account information and then click View Offers in the Available Privacy Offers section.
3. Now scroll down until you see “Help people connect with you” and click on that.
4. After that you will see your phone number, and under it there will be an option “Better to share on Google”, and you will need to uncheck this box.
That’s all. People who have your phone number will no longer be able to call through Google Duo. Moreover, if you do not want people to identify you by your phone number, you can also uncheck the box in front of “Help people identify you by this number”.
Also read | Change your name, phone number, and other information on your Google account
You can also remove your phone number from Google to stop such calls, but in this case you will not be able to use other services, for example, when you need a code to sign in.
Bonus tip: don’t let people watch your video before answering a call
Google Duo also has a feature that allows users to see the video of the caller without even receiving a call. So, if you don’t want someone to watch your video when you don’t answer the call, you can easily stop that as well.
Google Duo has a feature called Knock Knock, and when you disable this feature, it won’t display your or someone else’s video screen until the call starts. Here’s how to turn it off:
1. Open the Google Duo app on your phone and tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Now select “Settings” and click “Call Settings”.
3. Here at the top you will see “Knock Knock for this device”, click on it.
4. On the next page at the bottom, turn off the switch next to Knock Knock for this device.
That’s all! Now no one will be able to see your video before the call starts, and you will not be able to view other people’s videos.
Note: Knock feature Knock only works for your contacts, not strangers.
This way you can stop receiving random Google Duo video calls on your phone, and you can also mute the video before answering the call. For more of these technical tips, stay tuned!
You can also follow us to receive instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to get the latest video reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.