Apple has finally launched its Apple TV app for Android TV users. Previously, only a handful of smart TV users could enjoy the Apple TV programs that were available for specific TV operating systems such as FireTV OS out of the Apple TV box. Now, the app has been launched for SmartTVs running AndroidTV OS. In this tutorial, I will tell you how you can install and configure the Apple TV app on your Android TV or any other smart TV.
Also, read | 5 Ways To Make Android TV Run Faster Without Lags
Install Apple TV on your Android TV
The app is now available on the Google Play Store. If your smart TV works AndroidTV OS version 8 is above, you can download the Apple TV app directly from the Google Play Store. I tested it on our Mi TV model and it was installed without any problems. Here’s how you can download it too.
Steps to install Apple TV
1. Go to Google Play Store and search for Apple TV.
2. Click “Install” on the Apple TV after the search result appears and wait for the download to complete.
However, you need to connect to start looking at something.
4. You can log in manually by going to the Settings page and clicking on Account.
5. There are two ways to connect you with the Apple ID key and complete the installation:
- Mobile Device Registration: Use your iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code on the TV screen and follow the instructions on your iPhone.
- Connect on this TV: Use your remote TV to manually access it with your Apple ID and complete password setup.
You can also create Apple ID if you don’t have one. Once you enter the app, it will show you all the content it offers.
You can watch some free content but you will need an Apple TV + subscription to enjoy original Apple TV. You can also take advantage of a free one-month trial after entering your payment or card details.
Apple TV on other TVs, Devices
Since FireTV OS users can already watch Apple TV on their devices, you can even install it on older Android TVs (with Android 5) as well. Download u Apple TV APK from there and enjoy watching.
In addition, you can also watch Apple TV + on a PC or any other Android device. You can download it via the Chrome and Firefox web browsers. Here’s how:
1. Go to tv.apple.com to subscribe and watch Apple TV + in a web browser.
2. If you already have an Apple ID, you can sign up to start your free trial.
Apple TV subscription
If you want to watch original Apple TV content, you need an AppleTV + subscription that starts at 99 rupees per month. You can also get a free trial for the first month. However, you must provide payment information to take advantage of the free trial.
Alternatively, if you are in the Apple ecosystem, you can also buy Apple One Subscription from 195 Rs per month. This will include AppleTV +, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and even 50 GB of iCloud memory.
So it was about installing Apple TV on Android TV. For more such technological tips, stay tuned!
You can also follow up for instant technical updates at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone reviews and gadgets, join Gadgets To Use The Telegram Group or for the latest magazine video subscribe Gadgets To Get On Youtube Channel.