Do you start receiving messages from someone on your friends list every time you go online on Facebook? Most of the time this is not such a big deal, but sometimes it can annoy anyone. So, there’s a feature about it Facebook which can prevent your friends from knowing when you’re online. Called “Active Status,” this feature can be turned off on Android, iOS, and even the web to avoid those unwanted messages every time you go online. So, today I am going to show you how to hide your online status from your Facebook friends.
Hide Status Online from Friends on Facebook
First of all, do you know how your friends know you are online? You may have seen that green dot on your profile picture as well as others. That point indicates that the user is actively online on social media now. You will also see a gray icon meaning they are online but inactive and a blank gray circle meaning they are offline.
You can hide this from the Facebook site or from the Facebook mobile app on Android and iOS. So, let’s see how you can hide your online status from Facebook friends.
Turn-off Active Status on the Facebook Web
- Open Facebook.com on any web browser and access your Facebook account.
- Now click on it Messenger icon to the left of the home page.
- After that, click on the three-point menu button as shown in the image below.
- From the options menu that appears, click on “Disable Active State “.
- It will open a popup. Choose your preferred option to hide your active status and click on “OK»To save your preferences.
There are a number of options to turn off your Active status, then you can either turn off all contacts, or turn off only the most annoying or irrelevant ones. You must write that person’s name in the relevant box.
Turn-off Facebook Active Status in Android
To disable active status on the Facebook mobile app, you need the Messenger app installed on your phone.
- Open u Messenger app and tap on the profile picture in the upper left corner.
- On the next screen, you can see the Messenger settings and tap “Active Status“Option here.
- Then turn off the switch next to “Show when active” on the next page. It will block the green dot that appears next to your name in Messenger.
- On the next page, a confirmation popup will appear. Once again tap on ”Turn off”To hide your active status on Facebook.
Here we go. You will now be hidden from your friends when you are online.
Turn-off Facebook Active Status in iOS
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the hamburger menu in the lower right corner of your home page.
- Now, tap the “Settings and Privacy“And then select”Settings«.
- Here, under the Privacy section, tap on “Active StatusAnd then turn off the “Show when active” switch to the next page.
On the next page, tap Ok on the confirmation popup. Here we go.
So, these were the ways to hide your online status on Facebook with the app or website. After disabling the feature, your Facebook friends won’t be able to find out even when you’re online and active on the social media platform.
For more tips and tricks, stay tuned!
You can also follow up for instant technical updates at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone reviews and gadgets, join Gadgets To Use The Telegram Group or for the latest magazine video subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.