Google Phone is a default phone app for the Pixel smartphone and also for Android One phones. But other smartphones can also be installed from the Google Play Store since Google made it available for free. It comes with a host of features including customizable messages for incoming calls and here we have a little guide on the subject.
When you receive a call with the Google Phone App as the default phone application, you may be able to reject the call with an answer. This option has a bunch of predefined messages that you can send to the caller. You can choose from the default ones, or you can set your own custom messages.
Customize Quick Response Messages For Calling In Call
If your phone does not have the Phone app as the default dialer app then you can download it from the Google Play Store. Once downloaded, launch the app and set it as a default phone app on your phone. Once set up, follow the guide below to customize the messages to call back in the Google Phone app.
Steps to Personalize Messages for Declining Calls on Google Phone
- Launch the Google Phone app and go to the Settings and touch the three points menu in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Find u Coming soon Answers option in the settings and you can see a list of all the default messages here.
- Tap on one of the coming soon answers from the list and a text editor will open.
- Delete the default answer in the pop-up editor and type your own customized message and tap OK.
Bonus Tip: Smart Answer
You can also define smart reply messages so you don’t have to write reply messages every time. These smart answers are predefined by Google so you can set them up for urgent purposes. Here’s how to define a smart answer:
1. Open Google Messages on your phone.
2. Now, tap the three-point menu in the top right corner.
3. From here select Settings.
4. Now, tap Tips in Chat and then enable switching next to Smart Answer.
Here we go. Now you can send a reply without even writing any message by just tapping a smart reply that includes texts like Great Sounds !, Thanks, Hello etc.
This way you can customize the messages to be dialed. Now every time you have a call, you can tap on the answer option on the call screen and the message will appear. For more Google Phone tips and tricks as well, you can follow us on our social networking pages to stay up to date.
You can also follow up for instant technical updates at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone reviews and gadgets, join Gadgets To Use The Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest magazine videos GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.