While browsing Reddit, you may come across images or videos that you want to save on your phone to share with your friends or on social networks later. While saving images is fairly straightforward, the same cannot be said for videos. If you’ve also run into issues while trying to save a video from Reddit, don’t worry. Here are some quick ways to download Reddit videos with sound on Android and iOS.
Related | How to remove or hide custom feeds on Reddit
Download video from Reddit on Android and iPhone
Reddit is a great platform for news, discussions, and other useful content. This used to allow downloading videos from the app. Unfortunately, this option has long been removed.
Some of you may resort to screen recording, but this is not feasible – you need to crop the video and the audio can be fidgety. Fortunately, there are several workarounds for downloading Reddit videos with audio on Android or iOS. Read on.
1. Using Reddit Downloader App (Android Only)
On Android, you can upload videos to Reddit through the Reddit Downloader apps. While there are many on the Google Play store, we’ll be using Viddit here.
- Download and install Viddit – video downloader for Reddit from the Play Store.
- Open the Reddit post with the video you want to download.
- Click the icon Share button and select Widdit from the share sheet.
- Wait for it to download and upload the video.
This will save the video to Download> Viddit folder in your phone memory. You can share it anywhere from the app.
2. Through third party Reddit applications.
Like Facebook, Reddit has several unofficial clients offering additional features. Many of these apps allow you to download videos directly from the platform. Joey for Reddit is one such popular app where you can download videos from Reddit as follows:
- Download and install Joey for Reddit from the Play Store.
- Launch the app and log into your account.
- Visit the video you want to download. Click to play.
- On the play screen, tap Download button.
- If prompted, allow access to the repository.
Once the video is uploaded, you can access it directly from the notification. By default, Joey saves videos to Pictures> Joey directory in the internal memory of the phone.
3. Download Reddit videos from websites.
Another option is to use websites that allow you to download content from Reddit. This is the easiest way as you don’t need to install third-party apps. All you need is a video post link and you’re done.
- Open Reddit and navigate to the post with the video you want to download.
- Click on Share button and copy the link.
- Now open your browser and go to redditsave.com…
- Paste the video link and click Download…
- After loading the next page, click Download HD video…
The Reddit video will now be downloaded and saved on your phone. You can also select SD versions to download lower quality versions of the video.
These were three easy and quick ways to download Reddit videos with audio on Android and iPhone. I prefer the video downloader app which requires the least effort to download videos. Which one do you prefer anyway? Let me know in the comments below. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks like this one.
You can also follow us to receive instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to get the latest video reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.