Nowadays, everything goes online, be it classes or office meetings. During these sessions or meetings, you may need to write down the important points that you talk about. I know that most students do not want to use a pen to take notes during online lessons. So, here are some tricks for them. Read on to find out how to automatically take notes during online classes or meetings.
Also read | Study From Home: Tricks To Use Google Classroom Like A Pro
How to take notes automatically during an online class
There are several ways to take notes during online classes. If you’re attending classes or meetings through Google Meet, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams, you can easily use one of these ways to take notes.
1. Use voice dialing in Google Docs
This is probably the best trick to take notes while attending classes or meetings. You can open Google Docs in one tab and then enable voice input in that tab. Here’s how to use this trick:
1. Open Google Docs in your browser.
2. Now on the taskbar menu, click “Tools” and then select “Voice Input”.
That’s all. Now, whatever your teacher says, it will be automatically printed in this document. However, you will need to click on the microphone icon when it turns black as it will work when it turns red.
You can edit and rephrase this later to correct punctuation and spelling. But you will still get a clear idea of what the class was talking about without even taking pen paper.
You can also enable voice typing in Google Docs via shortcut which is Ctrl+Shift+S on Windows or Command+Shift+S on MacOS.
2. Extension Auto Notes Taker for Chrome.
This extension can be used in the Google Chrome browser, and it will do the rest for you.
1. Open the Chrome Web Store in Chrome and search for “Auto Notes Taker” or visit directly his page…
2. Now click on “Add to Chrome” and then confirm by clicking on “Add extension” in the pop-up window. The extension will be added to your browser.
3. After that, open the extension and enter your email address to receive notes by email.
4. When the meeting or lesson begins, press the start / stop button to activate the note-taking bot.
5. That’s it, this extension will start taking notes using voice recording and you will receive the whole class notes to your email address after the lesson ends.
If you are using MS Teams or Google Meet, this bot can automatically turn on/off the recording when it enters/exits classes.
So these were ways to automatically take notes during online lessons. If you know of another way to do this, please let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned for more tips and advice on online meetings!
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the latest overview videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.