Business

MyPillow pulls ads from Fox News to flap over the business linked to the Trump claim

Loading...

Mike Lindell, chief executive officer of My Pillow Inc., spoke to members of the media as they arrived at the federal court in Washington, DC, USA, on Thursday, June 24, 2021.

Joshua Roberts | Bloomberg | Getty Images

Mike Lindell, executive director of MyPillow, told CNBC on Friday that he was pulling advertising from Fox News after the network said it would not want one of its commercials to promote a symposium that would raise claims of electoral fraud.

MyPillow is one of Fox News’ biggest advertisers are Tucker Carlson. Lindell said he spent nearly $ 50 million on the network last year and about $ 19 million this year to advertise his ads.

“It is unfortunate that Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his trading time on FOX News given the level of success he has experienced in building his brand through advertising on the digital cable news network. “, a Fox News spokesman told CNBC in an emailed statement.

Lindell told CNBC in a telephone interview that he made the decision to step back after Fox News refused to run a one-minute spot promoting a cyber symposium, which will be broadcast live from August 10 to 12. of August.

Loading...

“I pulled all my ads. Everyone,” Lindell said. “If there’s any torture today, it’s a fortune.”

Since the 2020 presidential election, Lindell has been claiming widespread electoral fraud, with votes stolen from President Donald Trump. However, security and electoral officials have found no evidence of such activity.

In the Wall Street Journal, which like Fox is owned by News Corp., first reported on the advertising dispute. Citing Lindell, he said the announcement would not mention Trump’s claims of vote fraud. But the Journal noted that Lindell said the symposium will show that the elections were stolen because of the manipulation of the election machines.

Voting machine maker Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow in February. Lindell later filed a $ 1.6 billion bailout.

Fox News was also cited in the lawsuit by Dominion. He alleges that the cable news network falsely claimed that Dominion’s voting machines were rigged during the 2020 presidential election. Fox News has moved to dismiss the cause.

Lindell said earlier this year that several retailers, including Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s, have stopped selling their products after they began protesting election fraud claims.

“We lost 40% of our business in January and February,” Lindell said. “I can’t find that. I can just try.”


Source link

Loading...

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button